Frequently Asked Questions

FAQ Category

My Financial Aid has been posted to my student account. When will I receive any credit balance refunds once my tuition and fees are deducted?
FAQ Answer: All correspondence from the Business Office is done via email to your student email account. If, after your tuition and fees have been paid, you have a credit balance on your account, you will receive an e-mail notification to your email account when the credit balance financial aid has been processed. This will not be processed until your attendance in each class, excluding labs, has been verified by your instructors. Paper checks, beginning July 1, 2012, will be processed on Tuesdays and Fridays only. Direct deposits will be processed each weekday.
Where do I pay for parking tickets?
FAQ Answer: Parking tickets may be paid online or to any DSCC cashier located in the Eller Building, the One Stop, the Jimmy Naifeh Center or the Gibson County Center.
Do I get any free print copies?
FAQ Answer: Yes. Each student will be issued 300 free print copies each semester. Any unused Fall or Spring term copies will roll over to be added to the next term totals.
Must credit balance checks (financial aid refunds) be picked up in the Eller Building in Dyersburg?
FAQ Answer: No. If you attend at the Jimmy Naifeh or Gibson County Centers, upon receipt of your email notification, you may email Kim Litton at and request that your check be sent to either of those locations. Of course, if you have signed up for direct deposit, the monies will be deposited directly into the account authorized.
How do I pay my fees?
FAQ Answer: Once you have registered , you must make all your financial arrangements through the DSCC Business Office. Remember, you must pay for classes (or make financial arrangements) before the payment due date to reserve your seat in the class. You may pay your fees in person, by mail or online. Select the Paying for College tab on the website to see how to pay instructions, as well as, financial assistance options.
What is a purge date?
FAQ Answer: These are dates determined by DSCC administration when all unpaid classes will be dropped. The reason for purges is to make class seats available to others. To reserve your seat, you must make payment arrangements on or before the payment due date or at the time you register if you register after the payment due date.
When will lottery checks be ready? What about TSAC or scholarship checks?
FAQ Answer: Lottery and TSAC checks are printed as soon as DSCC receives the grant money from the State of Tennessee. These monies are usually received within 30-45 days from the beginning of the term. Please contact the Financial Aid office at 731-286-3263 if your expected aid has not posted by this time.
I did not know that I needed to drop my courses since I was not attending. Why do I owe money?
FAQ Answer: Students who sign up for a course assume responsibility for payment. Although DSCC does purge students for non-payment, do not assume that you will be purged. The only way to guarantee that you will not be liable for the costs of the courses for which you registered is to officially drop prior to the beginning of the term. If you drop a class on or after the first day of the term, you will not receive a full refund.
Do I have to have an ID to pick up my financial aid check?
FAQ Answer: Yes , a picture ID is required to pick up any check.
When will my credit balance financial aid check be ready for pick-up?
FAQ Answer: You will receive an e-mail to your MyDSCC e-mail account when your financial aid has been processed. Check your email daily. Beginning July 1, 2012, paper checks will only be processed Tuesdays and Fridays. Direct deposits will be processed each weekday.