Take a Career Assessment
Based upon your answers to a series of questions, Career Cruising will suggest careers that you may be interested in exploring.
- Log in to MyDSCC.
- Click on the Student Tab.
- Click on the Career Cruising link located in the Student Quick Links box on the right of the screen.
- Once you reach the Career Cruising page, click on Create a New Portfolio located in the Portfolio Login Box.
- Create a portfolio.
- Click on the Assessments tab located at the top of the page.
- Click on the Career Matchmaker link.
For the best results, answer all questions. Completing the assessment should take around 15 to 20 minutes.
My Next Move is an interactive tool for job seekers and students to learn more about their career options. My Next Move has tasks, skills, salary information, and more for over 900 different careers. Users can find careers through keyword search; by browsing industries that employ different types of workers; or through the O*NET Interest Profiler, a tool that offers personalized career suggestions based on a person's interests and level of work experience.