DSCC Counselors are available to assist with student development and student success, helping students make wise personal and professional choices by:
- Helping students sort out difficulties in their lives that might be interfering with their ability to do school work;
- Providing college-wide programming on relevant topics;
- Presenting on various topics to classes upon request;
- Serving as a referral source to help meet student needs via community resources and various media available;
- Providing short term individual counseling;
- Assisting students with the exploration of personal and professional choices.
You may confidentially report sexual assault to a DSCC Counselor.
An institutional complaint can be filed directly with either or both of the following:
Sheila Gillahan, Title IX Coordinator
Larenda Fultz, Dean of Student Services
Follow the link below to resources for victims of sexual misconduct and the DSCC Sexual Assault Awareness, Prevention, and Survivor Guide.
Call 911 if you or someone you know is considering suicide or contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK.
Reach out to a DSCC Counselors for more information on the following topics: