Ready to Reconnect?
Get started now!
Whether you’re ready to return to college or starting for the first time, we’ve got you covered - tuition free!
TN Reconnect Open House
Dyersburg State will host Open Houses for TN Reconnect in the month of March. Students can come and complete their DSCC application, receive help with the 2018-2019 FAFSA, and begin the TN Reconnect application. Financial aid and the Adult Student Coordinator will be on hand to answer questions.
Tuesday March 6th from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. at the Dyersburg Campus Student Center.
Tuesday March 13th, from 1-6:00 p.m. at the Jimmy Naifeh Center at Tipton County, Tipton County Public Library, rooms 139 and 140.
Rebecca Reeves, Adult Student Coordinator
What is TN Reconnect?
TN Reconnect is an initiative to help adults enter higher education so that they may gain new skills, advance in the workplace, and fulfill lifelong dreams of completing a degree or credential.
The TN Reconnect grant is a last-dollar scholarship that will allow all Tennessee adults, who qualify, to attend an eligible institution free of tuition and mandatory fees. The program will begin the fall semester of 2018.
What are the eligibility requirements?
In order to receive the TN Reconnect Scholarship, students must:
- Meet DSCC admissions requirements.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at https://fafsa.ed.gov. DSCC’s federal school code is 006835. The sooner you fill out the FAFSA, the better! Students may fill out the FAFSA beginning October 1, 2017.
- Enroll in at least 6 credit hours per semester.
- Be classified as an independent student (see FAFSA criteria).
- Not have earned an associate or bachelor’s degree.
- Be a Tennessee resident for at least one year before completing the FAFSA.
- Not be in default on a federal or state loan or owe a refund of federal or state financial aid. Contact the DSCC Financial Aid Office at 731-286-3350 for assistance if this applies to you.
- Be registered for selective service if applicable.
- Complete the TN reconnect application on the TSAC website: https://www.tn.gov/collegepays/tsac-student-portal.html.
Why Dyersburg State?
At Dyersburg State, we know that working, providing for your family and other household responsibilities are a reality for most adult learners. Going back to school to earn your degree or certificate may seem overwhelming or financially impossible - that's why we have a dedicated staff in place to help you figure out the steps to take and make it easier from start to finish.
Convenient Online & Night Classes - One-on-One Personal Instruction - Affordable Tuition
92% Job Placement Rate - Close to Home - Deferred Payment Plan
Whether you're needing to finish a degree or are starting college for the first time, contact one of our friendly staff and get started today!
Visit the TN Reconnect website