Any participant interested in scholarship funding, CDA assistance of any kind, or accreditation is required to attend the 30 hours of free training. The Department of Human Services (DHS) approved training contains 10 three-hour modules of hands on training emphasizing things such as developmentally appropriate practices and the importance of a quality learning environment. You should choose the specialized training which best meets your needs.
- Administrator Orientation is designed to meet the needs of owners, directors, assistant directors, program coordinators, and other administrative staff.
- Infant/Toddler Orientation is specifically designed for early childhood professionals working with children ages six weeks to thirty-six months.
- Center-Based Orientation is designed for early childhood professionals working with children ages three to five years old.
- School-Age Orientation is designed for early childhood professionals working with children ages five to twelve years old in childcare centers and before/after school programs.
- Family Child Care Orientation is designed for early childhood professionals working with children in a Family or Group Home environment.
There is no charge for TECTA orientation training, but you must attend all classes (30 hours) to receive a certificate. You are allowed to miss two classes (or six hours) of training, but they must be completed within 18 months to receive your certificate.
Spaces are limited and enrollment is on a "First-Come" basis. Each participant must fax, mail, or email a completed enrollment form to register for the class. You will receive a confirmation email when you are accepted into the class.
Visit the registration information for details and enrollment form.