This information is provided in compliance with the Department of Education's Student Consumer Information requirements. If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at 731-286-3350. Paper documentation of any or all of the listed items can be provided upon request.
Student Consumer Information includes:
General Student Information
- Admissions Policies and Requirements – Explanation of DSCC’s admissions policies, including different student types and special admission programs.
- Athletic Disclosures – DSCC’s information regarding athletics, including equity in Athletics Disclosure Act Report including participation rates, financial support and other information on both men’s and women’s intercollegiate athletic programs.
- DSCC’s Vision and Mission – DSCC’s institutional vision and mission statements that direct all parts of college operations.
- High School Equivalency Exams – Information regarding the HiSET Exam, it’s costs, and DSCC’s Testing Department’s contact information to schedule an exam.
- Net Price Calculator – This tool is delivered in compliance with Federal Regulations and can help students determine the overall cost (not direct cost) of attending DSCC for one academic year.
- Services and Facilities for Students with Disabilities – Information regarding services DSCC provides to students with physical or learning disabilities in order to promote equal educational opportunities.
- Student Diversity – Information regarding the makeup of DSCC’s diverse student body.
- Students’ Rights Under the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) – Information regarding DSCC’s policies established to protect student information and student privacy.
- Tuition and Fees Information – General cost per credit hour for various course delivery methods and mandatory fees.
- Withdrawal Procedures – DSCC’s instructions and reasons accepted for changing registration after the deadline.
- Academic Programs Listing – A complete listing of all educational programs offered at DSCC.
- Academic Warning Process – Requirements to meet the required academic and progress performance standards at DSCC.
- Campus Directories – Employee directories by name and institutional departments.
- Degree Options – A list of degrees that students can obtain through DSCC, including the requirements for each.
- DSCC’s Locations – A list of the locations used by DSCC to deliver programs.
- Institutional Accreditation – Information regarding DSCC’s Institutional Accreditation and specific program accreditation.
- Study Abroad Programs – A description of the opportunities that DSCC students to take courses in another country for credit toward their degree.
- Textbook Information – DSCC’s Bookstore has a complete list of textbooks required for DSCC courses including price and ISBN information.
- Transfer Credit Policies – Policies relevant to the transfer of credit hours to DSCC from other institutions.
- Transfer Students – Instructions for admission for students transferring to DSCC.
Financial Aid Information
- Applying for Financial Aid –Links for completing the Free Application for Federal Aid (FAFSA) and state scholarship applications with DSCC.
- Cost of Attendance and Additional Program Costs - An estimate of the total expenses for a student attending DSCC. The total figure includes tuition and fees, room and board, books, transportation, and miscellaneous expenses.
- Eligibility – Eligibility requirements for students to receive Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
- Financial Aid Disbursement – Explanation of how federal and other student aid is disbursed and distributed to students.
- Loan Code of Conduct – Expectations for DSCC’s Financial Aid Staff to adhere to with regard to student loans.
- Refund and Return to Title IV Policies - Procedures that DSCC must follow when students fail to complete any of their enrolled coursework within a semester.
- Rights and Responsibilities of Students Receiving Aid – Information pertinent to students receiving aid to understand their responsibilities for maintaining their eligibility and their rights to information regarding their aid.
- Satisfactory Academic Progress – Policy regarding the standard of academic achievement that must be maintained to remain eligible for financial aid.
- Special Circumstances – Instructions and forms for students to request their income to be revised for eligibility purposes, based on an extenuating circumstance.
- Student Employment and Federal Work Study – Information about student employment opportunities.
- Student Loan Information – Pertinent information for student loan borrowers regarding student loan requirements, types of federal student loans, and annual interest rates.
- Types of Financial Aid – Description of aid administered by DSCC’s Financial Aid Office.
- Verification – Instructions on how to obtain IRS documents and information on where to send financial aid documents needed for verification.
Health and Safety Information
- Campus Security Report – Information regarding student safety and crimes reported on DSCC’s campuses.
- Counseling Resources – Services available to help students with personal issues or academic concerns.
- Drug Free Workplace – DSCC’s policy on maintaining an alcohol and drug-free environment.
- Emergency Procedures and Resources – DSCC’s emergency operations plan.
- Immunization Policies – Information regarding any recommendations and requirements for student vaccinations.
- Sexual Assault Awareness – DSCC’s policies regarding sexual misconduct and resources for victims of sexual assault.
- Graduation Rates and Retention Rates – Annual report of student graduates and students retained.
- Student Completion and Graduate Employment – Statistical information regarding students’ completion and information regarding DSCC graduates and their employment in fields relevant to the certificate or degree they earned at DSCC.
- Copyright Infringement Policies – Statement of the legal use of copyrighted material and file sharing at DSCC.
- Fraud, Waste, and Abuse – Information regarding the definitions of fraud, waste, and abuse and the reporting process in the event of known illegal or dishonest fraudulent activity.
- Nondiscrimination Policy -- DSCC’s policy of nondiscrimination and inquiry procedures.