Frequently Asked Questions
The simplest method is to pay online via debit or credit card:
- At www.dscc.edu, click MyDSCC
- Log in with your Username and Password.
- Click on the Student Tab.
- Under Registration Tools, select Payment of Fees.
- Select your preferences for receiving a 1098-T.
- Select the appropriate Term (Fall or Spring) and click Submit. You will then be taken to your student account activity page.
- Select Make a Payment.
- Enter information as requested then click Continue.
- Follow payment instructions, always clicking the Continue, Next, Save or Done button before logging out.
If paying with cash, any DSCC location cashier will be able to assist you.
If you have a credit (-) balance on your student account, have confirmed your enrollment and electronically submit a completed Book Voucher Application before 2 p.m. on a school day, your voucher will be processed and available the same business day. Applications submitted after 2 p.m. on a school day and anytime on the weekend will not be processed until the following business day.
- Login to MyDSCC.
- Log in with your unique Username and Password.
- Click on the Student Tab.
- Under Registration Tools, click on Book Voucher Form.
- A box will open directing you to the Book Voucher.
- Enter your current phone number and address.
- Read the terms and conditions of the book voucher, and click Next.
- Read the instructions regarding the electronic signature.
- Enter your name exactly as it appears on your form, and click Sign Electronically. You may choose to opt out and print the form. If you choose to opt out, additional instructions will be provided.
You will be notified via email to your MyDSCC address when your Book Voucher has been processed. Check your MyDSCC email regularly as this is the method used by DSCC to relay important information to you.
After the financial aid process has been completed, an email listing your award will be sent to your DSCC email address. This email will indicate the amount of aid you can receive based on a full-time enrollment status.
- Yes, we do have scholarships. You must file a FAFSA and meet all admissions requirements to be eligible. Eligible students are ranked using a formula where financial need is the primary consideration. March 1 is the priority date for scholarships. Additionally, performance scholarships are awarded by the individual departments. Please contact the applicable department for scholarship requirements (e.g. athletic, music).
- All institutions are required to develop a maximum period of time for students to receive aid at their institution, as well as monitor their progress along the way. Students may receive aid for no more than 150% of the hours required for the degree (90 for associate degree students). As a minimum, you must complete 67% of the classes you attempt. A grade of A, B, C, D, or P will be required for successful completion. In addition, you must meet the institution's minimum standards as you progress toward your degree. Failure to meet these requirements will place a student on suspension. View the Satisfactory Academic Progress Standards.
- The maximum amount a first-year student can receive is $3500 not to exceed $1750 per semester. A second-year student may receive a maximum of $4500 or $2250 per semester.