Frequently Asked Questions
- 06: Personnel (2) Apply 06: Personnel filter
- (-) Remove Admissions filter Admissions
- (-) Remove Adult Education filter Adult Education
- (-) Remove Advising filter Advising
- Athletics (6) Apply Athletics filter
- Business Office (22) Apply Business Office filter
- Continuing Education (25) Apply Continuing Education filter
- Financial Aid (54) Apply Financial Aid filter
- (-) Remove Information filter Information
- Internal Audit (1) Apply Internal Audit filter
- (-) Remove LRC filter LRC
- MyDSCC (3) Apply MyDSCC filter
- (-) Remove Nursing filter Nursing
- Online Courses (32) Apply Online Courses filter
- Registration (14) Apply Registration filter
- (-) Remove SBDC filter SBDC
- Services for Students with Disabilities (3) Apply Services for Students with Disabilities filter
- Student Services (2) Apply Student Services filter
- Testing (18) Apply Testing filter
You may take the entrance exams at any time. The exams must be completed before the application deadline. You can apply to the nursing program before an entrance exam is taken. Both the entrance exam and application must be completed prior to the application deadlines.
Upon acceptance into the program, orientation information will be mailed to you with your acceptance letter. At the orientation, nursing faculty will review everything that is required. A few of the requirements are immunizations, CPR certification, background checks and random drug screens. Detailed information will be discussed during new nursing student orientation.
The best advice is to do well in all of your classes. Your GPA is calculated based on the nursing general education core curriculum only. It is a competitive program and the better grades that you have, the better your chance at being accepted.