Frequently Asked Questions
- 06: Personnel (2) Apply 06: Personnel filter
- (-) Remove Admissions filter Admissions
- (-) Remove Adult Education filter Adult Education
- Advising (21) Apply Advising filter
- (-) Remove Athletics filter Athletics
- Continuing Education (25) Apply Continuing Education filter
- Financial Aid (54) Apply Financial Aid filter
- (-) Remove Information filter Information
- Internal Audit (1) Apply Internal Audit filter
- LRC (1) Apply LRC filter
- MyDSCC (3) Apply MyDSCC filter
- Nursing (16) Apply Nursing filter
- Online Courses (32) Apply Online Courses filter
- Registration (14) Apply Registration filter
- (-) Remove SBDC filter SBDC
- (-) Remove Services for Students with Disabilities filter Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Financial Services (22) Apply Student Financial Services filter
- Student Services (2) Apply Student Services filter
- Testing (18) Apply Testing filter
Where can I get information about housing in Dyersburg?
FAQ Answer: A good source is the Dyersburg - Dyer County Chamber of Commerce Web site at www.ddcc.dyercountychamber.com. From this site , you can print out a brochure about apartment rentals.
I have recently been laid off from my job: do I qualify for WIA?
FAQ Answer: Please contact the WIA office at 731.286.3585.
It is raining/storming/snowing right now by me. How do I know if classes have been cancelled?
FAQ Answer: Check the DSCC website at www.dscc.edu for class cancellations due to weather.
Is health insurance available?
FAQ Answer: Yes , student health insurance is available through an independent company. Students interested in receiving information should contact the Office of Student Services on the Dyersburg Campus or the front desk at the Gibson County Center in Trenton or the Jimmy Naifeh Center at Tipton County.
What if I miss class due to illness?
FAQ Answer: Please see the College Catalog and Student Handbook for the policy on class attendance. Also, your instructor may have special instructions for missing classes. This information is probably listed in your course syllabus.
What is your average age student?
FAQ Answer: Our average age student is 26. This age is the average for the past year. Although the average age fluctuates, it generally remains between 26 and 28.
What is the difference between an A.S. Degree University Parallel Major and an A.A.S. Degree Major?
FAQ Answer: The Associate of Science (AS) Degree is designed to meet a proposed baccalaureate major for the student who plans to transfer to a four-year college or university. The Associate of Applied Science (AAS) Degree is constructed around majors and concentrations to provide students with the training needed to obtain a responsible position in their chosen fields of interest.
How do I know what books to purchase for my classes? Where can I purchase books?
FAQ Answer: You will need a copy of your class schedule listing the course(s) in which you are enrolled. Visit the DSCC website , click on the Current Students tab and the Bookstore link to look up the books to purchase. You may also visit the College Bookstore which is located on the main campus in Dyersburg and off-campus at the Gibson County Center and the Tipton County-Jimmy Naifeh Center.
Where can I receive training in starting a childcare business?
FAQ Answer: Contact the Small Business Development Center at 731.286.3201.
I am interested in using my academic knowledge to start my own business. Is there a resource on campus that will provide me with the proper counseling and training in entrepreneurship?
FAQ Answer: Yes , contact the Small Business Development Center at 731.286.3201.