Frequently Asked Questions
- 06: Personnel (2) Apply 06: Personnel filter
- (-) Remove Admissions filter Admissions
- Adult Education (5) Apply Adult Education filter
- Advising (21) Apply Advising filter
- (-) Remove Athletics filter Athletics
- (-) Remove Continuing Education filter Continuing Education
- Financial Aid (54) Apply Financial Aid filter
- (-) Remove Information filter Information
- Internal Audit (1) Apply Internal Audit filter
- LRC (1) Apply LRC filter
- MyDSCC (3) Apply MyDSCC filter
- Nursing (16) Apply Nursing filter
- Online Courses (32) Apply Online Courses filter
- Registration (14) Apply Registration filter
- (-) Remove SBDC filter SBDC
- (-) Remove Services for Students with Disabilities filter Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Financial Services (22) Apply Student Financial Services filter
- Student Services (2) Apply Student Services filter
- Testing (18) Apply Testing filter
Will my classes from other colleges transfer to Dyersburg State?
FAQ Answer: Once you have applied to the college and your transcripts from other schools have been received, an official transfer evaluation will be done. Credit is contingent upon course equivalence, content, and grades.
Do you accept SAT scores for evaluating admission to the college? I did not take the ACT.
FAQ Answer: Yes , SAT scores can be used in place of ACT scores.
What do I need to do to apply for admission to your school?
FAQ Answer: Admission requirements vary according to your most recent educational experience. All students will need to apply, provide transcripts, ACT or COMPASS scores, and immunization information.
Do professionals teach the Continuing Education classes?
FAQ Answer: Yes. Though our instructors come from all walks of life , they are all experts in their fields.
Do you offer scholarships for parents who can't afford to pay for their children to participate in a Continuing Education children's program?
FAQ Answer: Yes , we do offer scholarships to all parents who cannot afford to pay the course fee for their children to attend the children's programs. Parents are asked to contact Mandy Fisher at 731.286.3265 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Are you penalized if you have to miss a Continuing Education class after you are enrolled?
FAQ Answer: No , you are not penalized. Most course instructors allow you to make-up work so that you can complete the course. There are exceptions to make-up work , however , such as the Motorcycle Rider Safety course.
Can EMTs and Paramedics get CEUs for refresher courses?
FAQ Answer: Yes , we issue certificates at the end of each course verifying CEUs (Continuing Education Units) earned. We can also issue transcripts listing the courses (with CEUs) they have taken during a certain time period.
Who do I call to get information on all the Continuing Education courses running in your department?
FAQ Answer: For all personal enrichment courses and children's programs , please contact Rebecca McCaslin at 731.286.3267 or email@example.com. For courses regarding professional development , please contact Mandy Fisher at 731.286.3265 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you offer online Continuing Education classes?
FAQ Answer: Yes , we are contracted with various online institutes. We offer over 700 different online classes. For more information on all the online classes we offer , please go to https://www.dscc.edu/continuingeducation
Do you offer Continuing Education classes in Trenton and Covington?
FAQ Answer: We do offer courses at all three of our campuses.