Frequently Asked Questions
- 06: Personnel (2) Apply 06: Personnel filter
- (-) Remove Admissions filter Admissions
- (-) Remove Adult Education filter Adult Education
- Advising (21) Apply Advising filter
- Athletics (6) Apply Athletics filter
- Continuing Education (25) Apply Continuing Education filter
- (-) Remove Financial Aid filter Financial Aid
- Information (26) Apply Information filter
- (-) Remove Internal Audit filter Internal Audit
- LRC (1) Apply LRC filter
- MyDSCC (3) Apply MyDSCC filter
- Nursing (16) Apply Nursing filter
- (-) Remove Online Courses filter Online Courses
- Registration (14) Apply Registration filter
- SBDC (3) Apply SBDC filter
- Services for Students with Disabilities (3) Apply Services for Students with Disabilities filter
- Student Financial Services (22) Apply Student Financial Services filter
- Student Services (2) Apply Student Services filter
- Testing (18) Apply Testing filter
How do I find out the status of my application?
FAQ Answer: You can check the status of your admission application online at www.dscc.edu or you can call the One Stop at 731-286-3350.
I requested a catalog last week, but I still haven't received it, why?
FAQ Answer: DSCC does not publish a catalog. You can view the catalog and student handbook at www.dscc.edu.
Where is the Adult Education center located?
FAQ Answer: 115 King Avenue, Dyersburg, TN 38024 (next to The Laundry Basket).
Can I apply online for admission to the college?
FAQ Answer: Yes. Go to www.dscc.edu and click the Apply Now.
If I applied and got accepted last year and did not attend, do I still need to submit another application?
FAQ Answer: Yes.
What if I don't have any shot records? What do I do about the MMR requirement?
FAQ Answer: Tennessee law requires that each full-time student must provide proof of two doses of the MMR vaccine. If you graduated from a TN public high school in 1993 or later, the requirement will be met when we receive an official copy of your high school transcript. You may enroll in up to 11 hours without providing proof of MMR immunizations.
Do you need all of my transcripts, even if grades from one school are reflected on another?
FAQ Answer: Yes.
What do I need in order to be considered an in-state resident?
FAQ Answer: You need to be able to demonstrate that Tennessee is your true, fixed, permanent resident. Residents of Pemiscot and Dunklin counties in MO and Mississippi County in AR are considered in-state for fee-paying purposes. For questions related to residency, contact the Office of Admissions at 731-286-3350.
How much does it cost to go to Dyersburg State?
FAQ Answer: Dyersburg State's tuition is set each June by the Tennessee Board of Regents. Fees include maintenance fees, technology access fees, campus access fees, a student activity fee, and an international studies fee. Other fees vary according to the number of credit hours taken, such as online courses, RODP courses and dual enrollment courses taught in high schools. In addition to maintenance fees, tuition is charged to non-TN residents.
Can I apply online to Dyersburg State Community College?
FAQ Answer: Yes, please visit our website at www.dscc.edu and click on Apply Now, then follow the simple directions. If you need help, please contact the One Stop at 731-286-3350.