Frequently Asked Questions
- (-) Remove 06: Personnel filter 06: Personnel
- (-) Remove Admissions filter Admissions
- Adult Education (5) Apply Adult Education filter
- (-) Remove Advising filter Advising
- (-) Remove Athletics filter Athletics
- Continuing Education (25) Apply Continuing Education filter
- Financial Aid (54) Apply Financial Aid filter
- (-) Remove Information filter Information
- Internal Audit (1) Apply Internal Audit filter
- LRC (1) Apply LRC filter
- (-) Remove MyDSCC filter MyDSCC
- Nursing (16) Apply Nursing filter
- Online Courses (32) Apply Online Courses filter
- Registration (14) Apply Registration filter
- SBDC (3) Apply SBDC filter
- (-) Remove Services for Students with Disabilities filter Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Financial Services (22) Apply Student Financial Services filter
- (-) Remove Student Services filter Student Services
- Testing (18) Apply Testing filter
How do I change my major or concentration?
FAQ Answer: Talk with your academic advisor or go to the One-Stop Center located in the Student Center.
I cannot take off work to come see an advisor: could you fix my PIN or register me on the phone?
FAQ Answer: All degree-seeking students must meet with an advisor before attempting to register. Perhaps you can phone or email your advisor to set up a time that fits your schedule.
Why didn't my instructor verify my class attendance?
FAQ Answer: Some instructors require more than class attendance before they verify class attendance (such as an introduction statement to the class or a course syllabus assessment that does not count in the final grade). If you have performed all that was required for class verification , then there has been an oversight. Please contact your instructor for correction.
I do not think I should be in this developmental course: who can I talk to?
FAQ Answer: You may discuss this with your academic advisor , the dean of Arts and Sciences or the Developmental Studies Coordinator.
Can I test out of a class?
FAQ Answer: Yes! A number of courses have a test out option. Your advisor and or academic dean in which the course is located can assist you in this process as to your responsibilities related to testing out of a class.
Where do I register my vehicle?
FAQ Answer: Students register their vehicles in the LRC. You must have your vehicle license number in order to register a vehicles. Students who need a temporary parking pass , please see Angie Cole in room 122 in the Student Center.
I will be late to class or will not be able to come to class. Who do I report to?
FAQ Answer: You need to contact your instructor to ask permission to come into class late. Some instructors will not allow students to enter after class begins. You can also notify your instructor if you are unable to meet a class , and be sure to ask if you can get the next assignment so that you will be prepared when you return to class.
How do I request my Dyersburg State transcript or enrollment verification?
FAQ Answer: You may mail (1510 Lake Road , Dyersburg , TN 38024) or fax (731-286-3325) your request to the Office of Records. Please include your name, Banner ID, SSN or birth date, your signature and where you would like your transcript sent. There is no charge. It will take approximately three days to process your request.
Where can I find more information on student-related policies and concerns?
FAQ Answer: The DSCC Catalog and Student Handbook is published yearly and is available online at www.DSCC.edu. Students can also contact the Office of Student Services for more information at 731-286-3240.
Are firearms allowed on campus?
FAQ Answer: No. It is a felony if a weapon of any type (Shotguns, Bows, Rifle, Pistol, etc.) is discovered, including weapons used during hunting season. All weapons are prohibited: DSCC observes a zero tolerance policy.