Frequently Asked Questions
- 06: Personnel (2) Apply 06: Personnel filter
- (-) Remove Admissions filter Admissions
- (-) Remove Adult Education filter Adult Education
- (-) Remove Advising filter Advising
- Athletics (6) Apply Athletics filter
- Continuing Education (25) Apply Continuing Education filter
- Financial Aid (54) Apply Financial Aid filter
- Information (26) Apply Information filter
- (-) Remove Internal Audit filter Internal Audit
- LRC (1) Apply LRC filter
- MyDSCC (3) Apply MyDSCC filter
- Nursing (16) Apply Nursing filter
- (-) Remove Online Courses filter Online Courses
- Registration (14) Apply Registration filter
- SBDC (3) Apply SBDC filter
- Services for Students with Disabilities (3) Apply Services for Students with Disabilities filter
- Student Financial Services (22) Apply Student Financial Services filter
- (-) Remove Student Services filter Student Services
- Testing (18) Apply Testing filter
How do I find my DSCC eLearn (D2L) username and password?
FAQ Answer: For technical assistance with online classes such as finding your username and password, contact the LRC Help Desk at 731-288-7780 for the Dyersburg Campus, 901-475-3177 for the Jimmy Naifeh Center or 731-222-5180 for the Gibson County Center. You may also contact the Help Desk by e-mail at email@example.com.
Will I have an opportunity to evaluate the course and the instructor for an online class?
FAQ Answer: It is very important that you complete a course evaluation at the end of each semester. Your instructor will provide you with a link to an online evaluation. When you submit the evaluation, it goes to a database in the Distance Education office and your evaluation is anonymous.
How is attendance taken in an online course?
FAQ Answer: An online class absence may be identified as a missed assignment or inactivity in the course site, which the instructor is able to track. Please view the official DSCC Attendance Policy for specific details.
How do I access my online class?
FAQ Answer: Online Classes may be accessed by going to www.dscc.edu, clicking on Online Classes, and logging in with your Dyersburg State student account credentials (username and password). Once you are logged in, you will see your course list. Click on the course name to enter the class. For technical assistance with online classes, contact the LRC Help Desk at 731-288-7780 on the Dyersburg Campus or 901-475-3177 at the Jimmy Naifeh Center or 731-222-5180 at the Gibson County Center. You may also contact the Help Desk by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Will there be any on-campus meetings for online courses?
FAQ Answer: Other than the possible proctored examination, internet course work is done completely online.
Are all tests and quizzes taken online for online courses?
FAQ Answer: Yes, all tests and quizzes are taken online. Some instructors may require students to come to the nearest campus to take online proctored tests or quizzes. Instructors should provide you with all of the necessary information about scheduling a proctored examination.
What is a test proctor and how do I find the proctor's schedule at the nearest location?
FAQ Answer: A test proctor is a Dyersburg State staff member whose primary responsibility is to ensure that the test is given by the standards and conditions outlined by the instructor. To schedule a proctor, please visit https://eagle.dscc.edu/proctoring.
How do I complete my coursework for online classes?
FAQ Answer: Internet courses are taught using the Online Classes course management system. Coursework completed within the online learning environment involves lectures, email, discussion boards, testing, file sharing, and group collaboration.
Are online courses easier than traditional courses?
FAQ Answer: Online courses require at least as much effort and time as traditional courses, if not more. Since students work primarily on their own without face-to-face contact with instructors, they may not always have regular classroom reminders and clarifications available to students in traditional courses.
Where do I buy textbooks that are required for an online course?
FAQ Answer: Books may be purchased at any of the college's bookstore locations or may be ordered online from the college bookstore at http://www.dscc.edu/bookstore.