Frequently Asked Questions
- 06: Personnel (2) Apply 06: Personnel filter
- (-) Remove Admissions filter Admissions
- (-) Remove Adult Education filter Adult Education
- Advising (21) Apply Advising filter
- Athletics (6) Apply Athletics filter
- Business Office (22) Apply Business Office filter
- Continuing Education (25) Apply Continuing Education filter
- (-) Remove Financial Aid filter Financial Aid
- (-) Remove Information filter Information
- (-) Remove Internal Audit filter Internal Audit
- LRC (1) Apply LRC filter
- MyDSCC (3) Apply MyDSCC filter
- Nursing (16) Apply Nursing filter
- (-) Remove Online Courses filter Online Courses
- Registration (14) Apply Registration filter
- SBDC (3) Apply SBDC filter
- Services for Students with Disabilities (3) Apply Services for Students with Disabilities filter
- (-) Remove Student Services filter Student Services
- Testing (18) Apply Testing filter
When will verification be complete?
The verification process varies in the time it takes it to be completed, but typically takes 2-3 weeks after the Financial Aid Office has received all the requested documents. Processing is performed on a first-come, first-serve basis and is done as quickly as possible. You will be awarded any eligible financial aid once the verification process is complete. You can log into the MyDSCC Student Portal to check the status of your financial aid award. Once in the system you will need to follow these instructions:
- Click on the Student Tab
- Click on Financial Aid Awards
- Select the Aid Year you would like to view.
Click on the Award Overview tab.
- Award descriptions, amounts, and the status will display.
- Funds displayed on this page are based on full-time enrollment and may be adjusted based on enrollment.
Have you received my financial aid verification documents?
You can log into the MyDSCC Student Information System to see if the Financial Aid Office has received your verification documents. Once in the system you will need to follow these instructions:
- Click on the Student Tab
- Find Financial Aid Requirements
- Select Award Year
View Student Requirements
- There will be a red flag beside any document still needed, and a green check beside any document that has been received.
- The 'verification' requirement refers to the entire process, and will not turn to a green check until the entire process is complete.
Who do I speak with about Dual-Enrollment?
FAQ Answer: Contact your high school guidance counselor or DSCC's Assistant Director of Recruitment at 901-475-3132.
What if I lose something on campus?
- Glover Room 259 (English Suite)
- Gym- Office 137 (Laurie Jones office)
- Student Center- One Stop
- CAB –Teresa Adams
- Eller- Front desk
- LRC- Front desk
- Math – Administrative Assistant (Stacie Purvis)
- Security Bank – Continuing Ed
GCC: – Front desk
- Naifeh Building – Front desk
- Baptist Memorial Healthcare Academic Building – Front Desk
- SC/LRC – LRC Circulation Desk
How will I know if I can receive financial aid?
After the financial aid process has been completed, an email listing your award will be sent to your DSCC email address. This email will indicate the amount of aid you can receive based on a full-time enrollment status.
Does DSCC offer any scholarships?
- Yes, we do have scholarships. You must file a FAFSA and meet all admissions requirements to be eligible. Eligible students are ranked using a formula where financial need is the primary consideration. March 1 is the priority date for scholarships. Additionally, performance scholarships are awarded by the individual departments. Please contact the applicable department for scholarship requirements (e.g. athletic, music).
Why am I on financial aid suspension?
- All institutions are required to develop a maximum period of time for students to receive aid at their institution, as well as monitor their progress along the way. Students may receive aid for no more than 150% of the hours required for the degree (90 for associate degree students). As a minimum, you must complete 67% of the classes you attempt. A grade of A, B, C, D, or P will be required for successful completion. In addition, you must meet the institution's minimum standards as you progress toward your degree. Failure to meet these requirements will place a student on suspension. View the Satisfactory Academic Progress Standards.
How much loan money can I borrow?
- The maximum amount a first-year student can receive is $3500 not to exceed $1750 per semester. A second-year student may receive a maximum of $4500 or $2250 per semester.
What is the last day to apply for the upcoming semester?
FAQ Answer: The deadline to apply for admission is found in the academic calendar; however, you are strongly encouraged to apply early so that you will have the best selection of classes. International applicants should contact the Office of Admissions at 731-286-3350.
How do I apply for Financial Aid?
- Complete the FAFSA online at www.fafsa.gov and include the DSCC School code 006835.