Frequently Asked Questions
- 06: Personnel (2) Apply 06: Personnel filter
- (-) Remove Admissions filter Admissions
- Adult Education (5) Apply Adult Education filter
- Advising (21) Apply Advising filter
- Athletics (6) Apply Athletics filter
- Business Office (22) Apply Business Office filter
- Continuing Education (25) Apply Continuing Education filter
- (-) Remove Financial Aid filter Financial Aid
- Information (26) Apply Information filter
- (-) Remove Internal Audit filter Internal Audit
- LRC (1) Apply LRC filter
- MyDSCC (3) Apply MyDSCC filter
- Nursing (16) Apply Nursing filter
- (-) Remove Online Courses filter Online Courses
- Registration (14) Apply Registration filter
- SBDC (3) Apply SBDC filter
- (-) Remove Services for Students with Disabilities filter Services for Students with Disabilities
- (-) Remove Student Services filter Student Services
- Testing (18) Apply Testing filter
Are Hybrid courses designed for specific students?
FAQ Answer: Hybrid courses are designed for busy students who need a flexible schedule and can replace some on-campus time with online study or students who prefer some personal contact with the instructor and other students.
How much computer and internet experience do I need to succeed in an online or hybrid course?
FAQ Answer: You need some experience navigating and using the internet. Important skills include knowing how to download files, attach document files to e-mail, and use word processing software. Your instructor will provide you with an orientation to the class on the first scheduled class meeting and an online orientation is available to learn to use Online Classes for your online your class.
What if I don't have equipment needed at home to access a Hybrid course?
FAQ Answer: All of the Dyersburg State locations have computer labs and resource centers with open lab hours where the courses may be accessed.
Do students get the same information and content in a Hybrid course as they would in an on-campus course?
FAQ Answer: The education you receive from a Hybrid class is the same: however, due to the nature of online learning you may experience the course in a different format. A format that best transmits the learning experience through online media.
Will the face-to-face class always meet on the same day in an online or hybrid class?
FAQ Answer: Yes. The day the class meets on campus will be posted in the course schedule and these dates and times will remain the same throughout the semester.
Which is the best browser for DSCC eLearn (D2L)?
FAQ Answer: DSCC eLearn (D2L) is best viewed with Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. All Online class users should go through the system check located on the DSCC eLearn page which can be accessed at www.dscc.edu.
I did not know I enrolled in an RODP course. I dropped the class immediately (after the 100% refund period). Can I get a refund for the RODP technology fee?
FAQ Answer: Unfortunately, no. DSCC makes every attempt to ensure that RODP courses are clearly marked in the course catalog and the schedule.
What are the deadlines for applying for financial aid?
- You may apply for financial aid at any time; however, priority deadlines do exist depending on the type of financial aid you are seeking. March 1 is the priority deadline for scholarships and funds for which the institution has limited resources.
What is an EFC?
- The expected family contribution (EFC) is the amount your family can reasonably be expected to contribute to your education as determined by a formula developed by Congress and applied uniformly to all students.
Do I have to use my parents' information if I don’t live with them?
- Students who fall under the following category must use their parents' income information: under the age of 24, unmarried, not a veteran, not an orphan or ward of the court, do not have dependents for whom they provide more than 50% of their support, and not working on a master's or doctorate program.