Frequently Asked Questions
- 06: Personnel (2) Apply 06: Personnel filter
- (-) Remove Admissions filter Admissions
- Adult Education (5) Apply Adult Education filter
- Advising (21) Apply Advising filter
- Athletics (6) Apply Athletics filter
- Business Office (22) Apply Business Office filter
- Continuing Education (25) Apply Continuing Education filter
- Financial Aid (54) Apply Financial Aid filter
- (-) Remove Information filter Information
- Internal Audit (1) Apply Internal Audit filter
- LRC (1) Apply LRC filter
- MyDSCC (3) Apply MyDSCC filter
- (-) Remove Nursing filter Nursing
- Online Courses (32) Apply Online Courses filter
- Registration (14) Apply Registration filter
- SBDC (3) Apply SBDC filter
- (-) Remove Services for Students with Disabilities filter Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Services (2) Apply Student Services filter
- Testing (18) Apply Testing filter
Do you need all of my transcripts, even if grades from one school are reflected on another?
FAQ Answer: Yes.
What do I need in order to be considered an in-state resident?
FAQ Answer: You need to be able to demonstrate that Tennessee is your true, fixed, permanent resident. Residents of Pemiscot and Dunklin counties in MO and Mississippi County in AR are considered in-state for fee-paying purposes. For questions related to residency, contact the Office of Admissions at 731-286-3350.
How much does it cost to go to Dyersburg State?
FAQ Answer: Dyersburg State's tuition is set each June by the Tennessee Board of Regents. Fees include maintenance fees, technology access fees, campus access fees, a student activity fee, and an international studies fee. Other fees vary according to the number of credit hours taken, such as online courses, RODP courses and dual enrollment courses taught in high schools. In addition to maintenance fees, tuition is charged to non-TN residents.
Can I apply online to Dyersburg State Community College?
FAQ Answer: Yes, please visit our website at www.dscc.edu and click on Apply Now, then follow the simple directions. If you need help, please contact the One Stop at 731-286-3350.
Can I have information mailed to me?
FAQ Answer: We are glad to mail information to students. Please contact us at 731-286-3350 or email email@example.com.
I have filled out my application: what do I do next?
FAQ Answer: You will receive information in the mail from the Office of Records about logging into MyDSCC. After you receive your Username and Password, you can view admissions requirements, find the name of your advisor, view the schedule of classes for the upcoming term, register for classes and view any holds that might prevent you from registering.
Why does Dyersburg State send so many letters?
FAQ Answer: There is a purpose for every letter that is sent to you from Dyersburg State and each letter should be opened and read. Every letter sent will either contain important information you need to know or requests for action that you need to take.
I am a new student , where do I go to register?
FAQ Answer: New students may register either on our website www.dscc.edu or in the One Stop desk located at the main campus in Dyersburg, the Gibson County Center in Trenton and the Jimmy Naifeh Center in Covington.
Are there minimum requirements that need to be met before being admitted to DSCC? Is there an age requirement?
FAQ Answer: There is no age requirement to be admitted to DSCC. Contact the Office of Admissions at 731-286-3350 or go to www.dscc.edu and click the Admissions tab for information related to applying as a degree-seeking, non-degree seeking, transfer, or readmitting student.
Will my courses transfer from Dyersburg State to other colleges?
FAQ Answer: As an accredited institution of Council on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACSCOC) , the undergraduate curriculum at Dyersburg State is designed to consider the institutions to which students transfer. DSCC credits will transfer to all Tennessee Board of Regents institutions and most other institutions of higher education in the state of Tennessee.