Frequently Asked Questions
- (-) Remove 06: Personnel filter 06: Personnel
- (-) Remove Admissions filter Admissions
- Adult Education (5) Apply Adult Education filter
- (-) Remove Advising filter Advising
- Athletics (6) Apply Athletics filter
- Business Office (22) Apply Business Office filter
- Continuing Education (25) Apply Continuing Education filter
- Financial Aid (54) Apply Financial Aid filter
- Information (26) Apply Information filter
- Internal Audit (1) Apply Internal Audit filter
- LRC (1) Apply LRC filter
- MyDSCC (3) Apply MyDSCC filter
- Nursing (16) Apply Nursing filter
- Online Courses (32) Apply Online Courses filter
- Registration (14) Apply Registration filter
- SBDC (3) Apply SBDC filter
- Services for Students with Disabilities (3) Apply Services for Students with Disabilities filter
- Student Services (2) Apply Student Services filter
- (-) Remove Testing filter Testing
How can I test out of the developmental courses?
FAQ Answer: Placement in developmental courses is based on results from the ACT or COMPASS.
What do I do to get into school after I take the COMPASS?
FAQ Answer: After the COMPASS is completed, the scores will be processed and explained.
How do I get my GED?
FAQ Answer: If it is your first time to take the GED, you must take the practice test administered by the Dyer County Literacy Program.
When will I get my GED test results? How long will it take?
FAQ Answer: The GED tests are sent off to a national service for scoring.
What is the cost of the GED?
FAQ Answer: The current cost of the GED is $65.00 for the full test.
Where is the Practice test given?
FAQ Answer: The practice test is administered at the Dyer County Literacy Program located in the Dyer County Adult Education Center at 115 King Ave., Dyersburg, TN 38024.
If I scored 410 on all of my tests, why did I not pass?
FAQ Answer: The average for all five subject area tests must be 450.
If I applied and got accepted last year and did not attend, do I still need to submit another application?
FAQ Answer: Yes.
What if I don't have any shot records? What do I do about the MMR requirement?
FAQ Answer: Tennessee law requires that each full-time student must provide proof of two doses of the MMR vaccine. If you graduated from a TN public high school in 1993 or later, the requirement will be met when we receive an official copy of your high school transcript. You may enroll in up to 11 hours without providing proof of MMR immunizations.
Do you need all of my transcripts, even if grades from one school are reflected on another?
FAQ Answer: Yes.