Frequently Asked Questions
- 06: Personnel (2) Apply 06: Personnel filter
- Admissions (20) Apply Admissions filter
- (-) Remove Adult Education filter Adult Education
- Advising (21) Apply Advising filter
- Athletics (6) Apply Athletics filter
- Continuing Education (25) Apply Continuing Education filter
- (-) Remove Financial Aid filter Financial Aid
- Information (26) Apply Information filter
- (-) Remove Internal Audit filter Internal Audit
- LRC (1) Apply LRC filter
- MyDSCC (3) Apply MyDSCC filter
- Nursing (16) Apply Nursing filter
- Online Courses (32) Apply Online Courses filter
- Registration (14) Apply Registration filter
- SBDC (3) Apply SBDC filter
- Services for Students with Disabilities (3) Apply Services for Students with Disabilities filter
- (-) Remove Student Financial Services filter Student Financial Services
- Student Services (2) Apply Student Services filter
- Testing (18) Apply Testing filter
Where is the Adult Education center located?
FAQ Answer: 115 King Avenue, Dyersburg, TN 38024 (next to The Laundry Basket).
Do I get any free print copies?
FAQ Answer: Yes. Each student will be issued 450 free print copies each semester. Any unused Fall or Spring term copies will roll over to be added to the next term totals.
How much does it cost to take the GED?
FAQ Answer: $65.00.
How much do adult education classes cost?
FAQ Answer: Adult education classes are free.
How old must a student be to attend Adult Education classes?
FAQ Answer: 18
Where do I take the GED or HiSET test?
FAQ Answer: DSCC offers the GED or HiSET each month at the Dyersburg Campus: call 731.286.3232 for scheduling information. Additionally , the test is offered at UT Martin.
What is a purge date?
FAQ Answer: These are dates determined by DSCC administration when all unpaid classes will be dropped. The reason for purges is to make class seats available to others. To reserve your seat, you must make payment arrangements on or before the payment due date or at the time you register if you register after the payment due date.
I did not know that I needed to drop my courses since I was not attending. Why do I owe money?
FAQ Answer: Students who sign up for a course assume responsibility for payment. Although DSCC does purge students for non-payment, do not assume that you will be purged. The only way to guarantee that you will not be liable for the costs of the courses for which you registered is to officially drop prior to the beginning of the term. If you drop a class on or after the first day of the term, you will not receive a full refund.
Why do I have a hold on my account?
FAQ Answer: Several circumstances may cause a hold to be placed on your account. A hold may be due to unpaid fees such as deferred payment plan installment, parking citations, academic holds, or failure to adhere to other DSCC policies/regulations. To view the hold information, Log into MyDSCC, Click on the Student Tab, Banner Self-Service, Student, Student Records. Click on the link View Holds. Included in the hold information is the office that set the hold. Please contact that office to find out why the hold was placed on your account. You may also contact the Admissions office at 731-286-3350 if you have further questions.
When will my loan money be available?
FAQ Answer: Loan checks are applied to the eligible students accounts once DSCC receives the money from the lender. It may take as long as 4 weeks for a loan to be processed. Do the loan application process by the Financial Aid priority date to assure your information gets processed before the payment due dates.