Frequently Asked Questions
- (-) Remove 06: Personnel filter 06: Personnel
- Admissions (20) Apply Admissions filter
- (-) Remove Adult Education filter Adult Education
- Advising (21) Apply Advising filter
- (-) Remove Athletics filter Athletics
- Continuing Education (25) Apply Continuing Education filter
- (-) Remove Financial Aid filter Financial Aid
- (-) Remove Information filter Information
- (-) Remove Internal Audit filter Internal Audit
- (-) Remove LRC filter LRC
- MyDSCC (3) Apply MyDSCC filter
- Nursing (16) Apply Nursing filter
- Online Courses (32) Apply Online Courses filter
- (-) Remove Registration filter Registration
- (-) Remove SBDC filter SBDC
- Services for Students with Disabilities (3) Apply Services for Students with Disabilities filter
- Student Financial Services (22) Apply Student Financial Services filter
- Student Services (2) Apply Student Services filter
- Testing (18) Apply Testing filter
How old must a student be to attend Adult Education classes?
FAQ Answer: 18
Where do I take the GED or HiSET test?
FAQ Answer: DSCC offers the GED or HiSET each month at the Dyersburg Campus: call 731.286.3232 for scheduling information. Additionally , the test is offered at UT Martin.
What is DSCC's Federal School Code?
FAQ Answer: 006835
How do I apply for institutional scholarships?
FAQ Answer: All students who complete the FAFSA and meet admissions requirements are eligible for scholarships. Eligible students are ranked using a formula where financial need is the primary consideration. Those applying by March 1 of the current award year are given first consideration.
Which lender do I choose to obtain a school loan?
FAQ Answer: The lender for the Federal Direct Loan program is the U.S. Department of Education.
I will be late to class or will not be able to come to class. Who do I report to?
FAQ Answer: You need to contact your instructor to ask permission to come into class late. Some instructors will not allow students to enter after class begins. You can also notify your instructor if you are unable to meet a class , and be sure to ask if you can get the next assignment so that you will be prepared when you return to class.
How do I request my Dyersburg State transcript or enrollment verification?
FAQ Answer: You may mail (1510 Lake Road , Dyersburg , TN 38024) or fax (731-286-3325) your request to the Office of Records. Please include your name, Banner ID, SSN or birth date, your signature and where you would like your transcript sent. There is no charge. It will take approximately three days to process your request.
Where can I find more information on student-related policies and concerns?
FAQ Answer: The DSCC Catalog and Student Handbook is published yearly and is available online at www.DSCC.edu. Students can also contact the Office of Student Services for more information at 731-286-3240.
Are firearms allowed on campus?
FAQ Answer: No. It is a felony if a weapon of any type (Shotguns, Bows, Rifle, Pistol, etc.) is discovered, including weapons used during hunting season. All weapons are prohibited: DSCC observes a zero tolerance policy.
I received this letter but I don't know what it said. What do I do?
FAQ Answer: The letterhead or envelope should tell you what department sent you the letter as well as a contact number. If you still do not know , please contact the Office of Student Services at 731-286-3350.