Frequently Asked Questions
- 06: Personnel (2) Apply 06: Personnel filter
- Admissions (20) Apply Admissions filter
- (-) Remove Adult Education filter Adult Education
- Advising (21) Apply Advising filter
- Athletics (6) Apply Athletics filter
- Continuing Education (25) Apply Continuing Education filter
- Financial Aid (54) Apply Financial Aid filter
- Information (26) Apply Information filter
- (-) Remove Internal Audit filter Internal Audit
- (-) Remove LRC filter LRC
- MyDSCC (3) Apply MyDSCC filter
- Nursing (16) Apply Nursing filter
- Online Courses (32) Apply Online Courses filter
- (-) Remove Registration filter Registration
- SBDC (3) Apply SBDC filter
- Services for Students with Disabilities (3) Apply Services for Students with Disabilities filter
- (-) Remove Student Financial Services filter Student Financial Services
- Student Services (2) Apply Student Services filter
- Testing (18) Apply Testing filter
Where is the Adult Education center located?
FAQ Answer: 115 King Avenue, Dyersburg, TN 38024 (next to The Laundry Basket).
Do I get any free print copies?
FAQ Answer: Yes. Each student will be issued 450 free print copies each semester. Any unused Fall or Spring term copies will roll over to be added to the next term totals.
I did not receive a requested transcript. Who do I talk to?
FAQ Answer: If the transcript is for your personal use, you can print an unofficial copy by logging into MyDSCC and selecting Self Service Banner. If you have requested a transcript to be sent to another institution and the institution has not received it, please call the One Stop at 731-286-3350.
Can I take a class without receiving credit?
FAQ Answer: Yes , students wishing to audit a class may do so on a space available basis. An application for admission is required and fees are the same as for a credit class. Students may also change from credit to audit by the published deadline in the course schedule. Students under the age of 17 cannot audit a course without the permission of the academic dean offering the desired course.
How much does it cost to take the GED?
FAQ Answer: $65.00.
How much do adult education classes cost?
FAQ Answer: Adult education classes are free.
How old must a student be to attend Adult Education classes?
FAQ Answer: 18
Where do I take the GED or HiSET test?
FAQ Answer: DSCC offers the GED or HiSET each month at the Dyersburg Campus: call 731.286.3232 for scheduling information. Additionally , the test is offered at UT Martin.
What is a purge date?
FAQ Answer: These are dates determined by DSCC administration when all unpaid classes will be dropped. The reason for purges is to make class seats available to others. To reserve your seat, you must make payment arrangements on or before the payment due date or at the time you register if you register after the payment due date.
I did not know that I needed to drop my courses since I was not attending. Why do I owe money?
FAQ Answer: Students who sign up for a course assume responsibility for payment. Although DSCC does purge students for non-payment, do not assume that you will be purged. The only way to guarantee that you will not be liable for the costs of the courses for which you registered is to officially drop prior to the beginning of the term. If you drop a class on or after the first day of the term, you will not receive a full refund.