Frequently Asked Questions
- 06: Personnel (2) Apply 06: Personnel filter
- Admissions (20) Apply Admissions filter
- Adult Education (5) Apply Adult Education filter
- Advising (21) Apply Advising filter
- Athletics (6) Apply Athletics filter
- Continuing Education (25) Apply Continuing Education filter
- Financial Aid (54) Apply Financial Aid filter
- (-) Remove Information filter Information
- (-) Remove Internal Audit filter Internal Audit
- LRC (1) Apply LRC filter
- MyDSCC (3) Apply MyDSCC filter
- (-) Remove Nursing filter Nursing
- (-) Remove Online Courses filter Online Courses
- Registration (14) Apply Registration filter
- SBDC (3) Apply SBDC filter
- Services for Students with Disabilities (3) Apply Services for Students with Disabilities filter
- (-) Remove Student Financial Services filter Student Financial Services
- Student Services (2) Apply Student Services filter
- Testing (18) Apply Testing filter
Why do I have to pay for auditing a class?
FAQ Answer: DSCC policy states that students enrolling in regular college classes as auditors will pay the same fees as those enrolling for credit. See page 56 in the DSCC catalog.
Can I carry over my allotted amount of print copies if I do not use them all this semester? How about print copies that I paid for?
FAQ Answer: Copy totals begin anew each Fall semester. Any allotted or purchased copies that you have remaining after the Fall and Spring semesters can be carried over and added to the allotted amount of copies you have for that next semester. Your account is zeroed out at the end of the summer session and a fresh allotment is given for the next fall semester.
I dropped my classes before the first day of class. Why do I owe money?
FAQ Answer: Unless you dropped BEFORE the first day of the term, you will not be eligible for 100% refund of any payments made towards that term. Also, any refunds apply to tuition ONLY. All fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
I will be late to class or will not be able to come to class. Who do I report to?
FAQ Answer: You need to contact your instructor to ask permission to come into class late. Some instructors will not allow students to enter after class begins. You can also notify your instructor if you are unable to meet a class , and be sure to ask if you can get the next assignment so that you will be prepared when you return to class.
How do I request my Dyersburg State transcript or enrollment verification?
FAQ Answer: You may mail (1510 Lake Road , Dyersburg , TN 38024) or fax (731-286-3325) your request to the Office of Records. Please include your name, Banner ID, SSN or birth date, your signature and where you would like your transcript sent. There is no charge. It will take approximately three days to process your request.
Where can I find more information on student-related policies and concerns?
FAQ Answer: The DSCC Catalog and Student Handbook is published yearly and is available online at www.DSCC.edu. Students can also contact the Office of Student Services for more information at 731-286-3240.
Are firearms allowed on campus?
FAQ Answer: No. It is a felony if a weapon of any type (Shotguns, Bows, Rifle, Pistol, etc.) is discovered, including weapons used during hunting season. All weapons are prohibited: DSCC observes a zero tolerance policy.
I received this letter but I don't know what it said. What do I do?
FAQ Answer: The letterhead or envelope should tell you what department sent you the letter as well as a contact number. If you still do not know , please contact the Office of Student Services at 731-286-3350.
Is campus security available?
FAQ Answer: The Dyersburg Campus has security personnel on duty 1st and 2nd shift Monday through Friday and 8:00 - 5:00 Saturday and Sunday. The Jimmy Naifeh Center at Tipton County has 2nd shift Monday through Friday (During the Fall and Spring terms) and as needed on Saturday and Sunday.
How can I find out information on the college's crime rate?
FAQ Answer: For information , view the Crime Statistics Report located on the DSCC website at www.dscc.edu. A link to the report can be found on any of the listings on the left side of the webpage. The reports are also printed and displayed at various locations around the campus and centers.