Frequently Asked Questions
- 06: Personnel (2) Apply 06: Personnel filter
- Admissions (20) Apply Admissions filter
- Adult Education (5) Apply Adult Education filter
- Advising (21) Apply Advising filter
- (-) Remove Athletics filter Athletics
- Continuing Education (25) Apply Continuing Education filter
- Financial Aid (54) Apply Financial Aid filter
- Information (26) Apply Information filter
- (-) Remove Internal Audit filter Internal Audit
- LRC (1) Apply LRC filter
- MyDSCC (3) Apply MyDSCC filter
- Nursing (16) Apply Nursing filter
- Online Courses (32) Apply Online Courses filter
- (-) Remove Registration filter Registration
- (-) Remove SBDC filter SBDC
- Services for Students with Disabilities (3) Apply Services for Students with Disabilities filter
- (-) Remove Student Financial Services filter Student Financial Services
- Student Services (2) Apply Student Services filter
- Testing (18) Apply Testing filter
Who should I contact if I see a college employee being abusive or wasteful?
FAQ Answer: To report an instance of fraud , waste or abuse , you may contact any DSCC official or supervisor or DSCC Internal Audit at 731.286.3237. You may also call the TBR Audit Hotline at 615.366.4441. You may view the entire DSCC Fraud , Waste and Abuse policy on our website at www.dscc.edu. Click on the Current Students tab , then click the Campus Security Report link on the left-hand side of the page , then click on Fraud , Waste & Abuse under Quick Links.
I'm having trouble with my computer: can you register me if I tell you the course number and give you my information?
FAQ Answer: No , because you need to have access to your information such as holds , financial aid and your fees. Please visit the Learning Resource Centers located at each DSCC center or any other location such as a public library where internet access is available.
How do I find out what classes are being offered this semester?
FAQ Answer: The most current class listing is available online at www.dscc.edu under the Registration section.
How do I register for a class?
FAQ Answer: You may register in the Advising Centers located at the main campus and the Gibson and Tipton County centers. The advising centers are open during the summer and between the fall and spring semesters. When you apply for admission/readmission , you will be assigned an advisor who can help you plan your schedule of classes and talk with you about your educational goals. If you have already applied for admission , contact the Office of Records at 731-286-3350 for your advisor's name and contact information.
I have registered for my classes: what do I do next?
FAQ Answer: If you are paying your fees or if you have received notification of a financial aid award , confirm your enrollment and pay any remaining fees by logging into MyDSCC and selecting Enrollment Confirmation/Payment of Fees.
How do I drop a class?
FAQ Answer: Classes can be dropped online until the deadline for withdrawing for the term at www.dscc.edu.
Is there a place on your website where I can look up course equivalencies for my current school?
FAQ Answer: Yes. Go to www.dscc.edu and click on Admissions and Registration. Under the Quick Links , select Transfer Information. If your current school is not listed , check with the Office of Records about DSCC course equivalencies.
I'm trying to register for my classes online and it's saying that I have a hold on my account: to whom do I need to speak?
FAQ Answer: Included in the hold information is the office that set the hold. Please contact that office if you have questions about the hold. You may also contact the Office of Records office at 731-286-3350 if you have further questions.
Who do I talk to about scheduling an orientation date?
FAQ Answer: Please contact the Admissions Counselor at 731-286-3324.
Where can I receive training in starting a childcare business?
FAQ Answer: Contact the Small Business Development Center at 731.286.3201.