Frequently Asked Questions
- 06: Personnel (2) Apply 06: Personnel filter
- Admissions (20) Apply Admissions filter
- Adult Education (5) Apply Adult Education filter
- Advising (21) Apply Advising filter
- (-) Remove Athletics filter Athletics
- Continuing Education (25) Apply Continuing Education filter
- Financial Aid (54) Apply Financial Aid filter
- Information (26) Apply Information filter
- Internal Audit (1) Apply Internal Audit filter
- LRC (1) Apply LRC filter
- MyDSCC (3) Apply MyDSCC filter
- Nursing (16) Apply Nursing filter
- Online Courses (32) Apply Online Courses filter
- Registration (14) Apply Registration filter
- SBDC (3) Apply SBDC filter
- Services for Students with Disabilities (3) Apply Services for Students with Disabilities filter
- (-) Remove Student Financial Services filter Student Financial Services
- (-) Remove Student Services filter Student Services
- (-) Remove Testing filter Testing
Can I carry over my allotted amount of print copies if I do not use them all this semester? How about print copies that I paid for?
FAQ Answer: Copy totals begin anew each Fall semester. Any allotted or purchased copies that you have remaining after the Fall and Spring semesters can be carried over and added to the allotted amount of copies you have for that next semester. Your account is zeroed out at the end of the summer session and a fresh allotment is given for the next fall semester.
I dropped my classes before the first day of class. Why do I owe money?
FAQ Answer: Unless you dropped BEFORE the first day of the term, you will not be eligible for 100% refund of any payments made towards that term. Also, any refunds apply to tuition ONLY. All fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
Where can I take the PRAXIS?
FAQ Answer: The computer-based PRAXIS is offered at the University of Memphis , and the University of Tennessee at Martin. The paper-based PRAXIS is offered at Lane College and Union University in Jackson and the University of Tennessee at Martin. Check www.ets.org for dates and registration information.
Can I take the PRAXIS at DSCC?
FAQ Answer: No. However , the computer-based PRAXIS is offered at Lambuth University in Jackson and by the University of Tennessee at Martin. The paper-based PRAXIS is offered at Lane College and Union University in Jackson and at the University of Tennessee at Martin. Check www.ets.org for dates and registration information.
Can I get a duplicate diploma? How much is the cost?
FAQ Answer: The student completes a form that is sent to the State GED Office in Nashville. There is no cost for a duplicate diploma.
When can I retest if I didn't pass my GED?
FAQ Answer: There is a 30 day waiting period before you can take the GED test again.
When do I get my GED diploma?
FAQ Answer: The State GED Office in Nashville issues the GED diplomas. It typically takes 6-8 weeks after the student receives their score transcript in the mail.
Does DSCC offer any assistance with purchasing textbooks?
FAQ Answer: Yes, DSCC has a Book Voucher program for enrolled students whose financial aid is in excess of tuition and fees. A Book Voucher may be used in any DSCC Bookstore. To apply for a Book Voucher, complete the application available in your MyDSCC account.
What information will I need to provide to purchase textbooks with a Book Voucher?
FAQ Answer: Take your class schedule and photo ID to any DSCC Bookstore for assistance purchasing required books/materials up to your Book Voucher amount.
What if I don't use all of my Book Voucher amount?
FAQ Answer: Any unused Book Voucher amount will be put back on your student account and any credit balance on your account will be refunded in a manner authorized by you.