Frequently Asked Questions

FAQ Category

What is the status of my financial aid?
FAQ Answer: You can check your financial aid status 24 hours a day online at Click on the Financial Aid link to find instructions on how to determine your financial aid status. You can also call the Financial Aid Office at 731.286.3350 and we will be happy to check on the status of your financial aid.
How do I apply to work on campus?
FAQ Answer: For Federal Work Study , students should indicate an interest by checking the appropriate question on the FAFSA. Federal Work Study funds are awarded to students who meet the March 1st priority deadline.
Can I just walk on and be eligible for athletics?
FAQ Answer: No, you must meet certain academic criteria.
Is there a try out for baseball , softball or basketball?
FAQ Answer: Contact the head coach for each respective sport for information on try outs and how to get involved with a team. Men's Basketball: Alan Barnett 731-286-3259 Women's Basketball 731-288-7742 Baseball: Robert White 731-286-3252 Softball:George White 731-286-3274
Do you have any athletic scholarships available?
FAQ Answer: There have been cases where scholarships were available for walk-on athletes. The athlete must pass a proving period before they become entitled to any scholarships that might be available. Contact the Athletic Director at 731-286-3259.
When are athletic tryouts?
FAQ Answer: Contact the applicable head coach for try out dates. Basketball: Alan Barnett 731-286-3259 Women's Basketball: Rian Puckett 731-288-7742 Baseball: Robert White 731-286-3252 Softball: George White 731-286-3274. Each interested player must have a physical on file with the trainer before they can try out.
Do I need all my transcripts to be eligible for athletics?
FAQ Answer: Yes. Failure to submit all college and high school transcripts will prevent you from playing in any athletic sports.
Do I need an athletic release or waiver if I am coming from another college?
FAQ Answer: Yes , you need a release/waiver if you are coming from a 2 year member institution. A release/waiver is not necessary if you are coming from a 4 year institution.
How do I apply for Financial Aid?
FAQ Answer:
  • Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid online at  You must have a pin for yourself and a parent (if applicable) to sign the application electronically.  You can apply for a PIN at
How can I fill out the FAFSA online if I do not have a computer?
FAQ Answer:
  • Visit the One Stop Center Computer Lab.  Financial Aid Counselors are available to assist you with any questions.