Frequently Asked Questions
- (-) Remove 06: Personnel filter 06: Personnel
- Admissions (20) Apply Admissions filter
- (-) Remove Adult Education filter Adult Education
- (-) Remove Advising filter Advising
- Athletics (6) Apply Athletics filter
- (-) Remove Continuing Education filter Continuing Education
- Financial Aid (54) Apply Financial Aid filter
- Information (26) Apply Information filter
- Internal Audit (1) Apply Internal Audit filter
- LRC (1) Apply LRC filter
- (-) Remove MyDSCC filter MyDSCC
- Nursing (16) Apply Nursing filter
- Online Courses (32) Apply Online Courses filter
- Registration (14) Apply Registration filter
- (-) Remove SBDC filter SBDC
- Services for Students with Disabilities (3) Apply Services for Students with Disabilities filter
- Student Financial Services (22) Apply Student Financial Services filter
- Student Services (2) Apply Student Services filter
- Testing (18) Apply Testing filter
Where is the Adult Education center located?
FAQ Answer: 115 King Avenue, Dyersburg, TN 38024 (next to The Laundry Basket).
Where can I can get help if I am failing a class.
FAQ Answer: Yes, tutoring is available at the Dyersburg Campus and at the Jimmy Naifeh Center in Tipton County through the Tutoring Center.
Is tutoring available at the Jimmy Naifeh Center in Covington?
FAQ Answer: Yes, tutoring is available at the Jimmy Naifeh Center. The Tutoring Center is located in Room 157 at the Jimmy Naifeh Building. For information
How much does it cost to take the GED?
FAQ Answer: $65.00.
How much do adult education classes cost?
FAQ Answer: Adult education classes are free.
How old must a student be to attend Adult Education classes?
FAQ Answer: 18
Where do I take the GED or HiSET test?
FAQ Answer: DSCC offers the GED or HiSET each month at the Dyersburg Campus: call 731.286.3232 for scheduling information. Additionally , the test is offered at UT Martin.
If I need advisement and am unable to meet with my regular advisor , where could I go on any given day to get help?
FAQ Answer: The Upward Bound office , The DSCC Advising center , Student Services or Admissions and Records.
Can I speak to an advisor?
FAQ Answer: Yes. Advisors are available at the advising centers located at each of the DSCC centers. If you plan to take courses in Trenton or Covington , you can also schedule an appointment with the Center Director (Julie Griggs or Janet Newman). During the fall and spring semesters , you can contact your academic advisor.
Someone told me I had to take a test before scheduling classes. What test do they mean?
FAQ Answer: Most likely , it is related to developmental courses you might need to take based on your ACT scores or Compass test scores. Please see an advisor to review your records and discuss why you might have been told this. You may contact the Advising Center at 731.286.3365 , 731.288.7514 or 731.286.3359.