Frequently Asked Questions
- 06: Personnel (2) Apply 06: Personnel filter
- Admissions (20) Apply Admissions filter
- (-) Remove Adult Education filter Adult Education
- (-) Remove Advising filter Advising
- Athletics (6) Apply Athletics filter
- (-) Remove Continuing Education filter Continuing Education
- Financial Aid (54) Apply Financial Aid filter
- Information (26) Apply Information filter
- Internal Audit (1) Apply Internal Audit filter
- LRC (1) Apply LRC filter
- (-) Remove MyDSCC filter MyDSCC
- Nursing (16) Apply Nursing filter
- Online Courses (32) Apply Online Courses filter
- Registration (14) Apply Registration filter
- (-) Remove SBDC filter SBDC
- Services for Students with Disabilities (3) Apply Services for Students with Disabilities filter
- Student Financial Services (22) Apply Student Financial Services filter
- Student Services (2) Apply Student Services filter
- (-) Remove Testing filter Testing
Can I get a duplicate diploma? How much is the cost?
FAQ Answer: The student completes a form that is sent to the State GED Office in Nashville. There is no cost for a duplicate diploma.
When can I retest if I didn't pass my GED?
FAQ Answer: There is a 30 day waiting period before you can take the GED test again.
When do I get my GED diploma?
FAQ Answer: The State GED Office in Nashville issues the GED diplomas. It typically takes 6-8 weeks after the student receives their score transcript in the mail.
What is Continuing Education?
FAQ Answer: Continuing Education is an opportunity to study a variety of subjects in a stimulating atmosphere of academic and recreational excellence. All classes are offered as non-credit , therefore no high school diploma is required.
Can I retest in the COMPASS or ACT? When?
FAQ Answer: Yes, you may retest the COMPASS or ACT; however, there is a waiting period of 60 days for the ACT and 90 days for the COMPASS before you can retake the test.