Frequently Asked Questions
- (-) Remove 06: Personnel filter 06: Personnel
- Admissions (20) Apply Admissions filter
- (-) Remove Adult Education filter Adult Education
- Advising (21) Apply Advising filter
- Athletics (6) Apply Athletics filter
- (-) Remove Continuing Education filter Continuing Education
- Financial Aid (54) Apply Financial Aid filter
- Information (26) Apply Information filter
- Internal Audit (1) Apply Internal Audit filter
- (-) Remove LRC filter LRC
- (-) Remove MyDSCC filter MyDSCC
- Nursing (16) Apply Nursing filter
- Online Courses (32) Apply Online Courses filter
- Registration (14) Apply Registration filter
- (-) Remove SBDC filter SBDC
- Services for Students with Disabilities (3) Apply Services for Students with Disabilities filter
- Student Financial Services (22) Apply Student Financial Services filter
- Student Services (2) Apply Student Services filter
- Testing (18) Apply Testing filter
Do you issue CEU transcripts for Continuing Education courses?
FAQ Answer: Yes , we issue transcripts upon request. If anyone needs a transcript of all the courses that they have taken over the years , they can contact Rebecca McCaslin at 731.286.3267 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Continuing Education programs do you offer for children?
FAQ Answer: College for Kids is a one-week program offered every year during the summer break. The program runs from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Other week-long programs are offered during the second week of the spring and fall breaks. These programs run from 7:30am - 5:00pm. For more information , contact Rebecca McCaslin at 731.286.3267 or email@example.com.
Are you given a grade when you complete a continuing education class?
FAQ Answer: No , we do not give grades after completing Continuing Education classes. CEUs (Continuing Education Units) are awarded for completion of all courses. Certificates verifying the CEUs earned are issued at the end of each course.
What Continuing Education classes do you offer?
FAQ Answer: We offer a wide range of courses for personal and professional development. Individuals may select from a variety of classrooms and online delivery options. We have something for everyone , including children. Log on to https://www.dscc.edu/continuingeducation and you will be able to page through our current brochure.
Can I find information regarding the Continuing Education courses on the DSCC website?
FAQ Answer: Yes , you can. Go to https://www.dscc.edu/continuingeducation and you will be able to page through our current brochure.
Do you have to apply for admission to the college to enroll in continuing education classes?
FAQ Answer: No , an application for admission to the college is not required to enroll in Continuing Education courses.
Can you set up courses to be delivered on-site at an industry or business?
FAQ Answer: We want to make it as convenient as possible for the employee to attend the courses. In order to do this , we work very closely with the business/industry partners to meet their needs as related to the delivery site.
Who can attend Continuing Education courses?
FAQ Answer: Everyone! From youth to senior citizens , Continuing Education courses cover a full range of ages , interests , and professionals.
What are contract classes?
FAQ Answer: Contract classes are courses developed to meet the needs of an individual industry , business or group. Please contact Mandy Fisher at 731.286.3265 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
What is MyDSCC?
FAQ Answer: MyDSCC is the student's gateway to online student services including registration for classes , fee payments , grades , class schedules , and much more. The system is available 24 hours a day , 7 days a week. Log on to www.dscc.edu and click the red MyDSCC button.