Frequently Asked Questions
- (-) Remove 06: Personnel filter 06: Personnel
- Admissions (20) Apply Admissions filter
- (-) Remove Adult Education filter Adult Education
- Advising (21) Apply Advising filter
- Athletics (6) Apply Athletics filter
- (-) Remove Continuing Education filter Continuing Education
- Financial Aid (54) Apply Financial Aid filter
- Information (26) Apply Information filter
- Internal Audit (1) Apply Internal Audit filter
- LRC (1) Apply LRC filter
- (-) Remove MyDSCC filter MyDSCC
- Nursing (16) Apply Nursing filter
- Online Courses (32) Apply Online Courses filter
- Registration (14) Apply Registration filter
- (-) Remove SBDC filter SBDC
- Services for Students with Disabilities (3) Apply Services for Students with Disabilities filter
- Student Financial Services (22) Apply Student Financial Services filter
- Student Services (2) Apply Student Services filter
- Testing (18) Apply Testing filter
Do you offer online Continuing Education classes?
FAQ Answer: Yes , we are contracted with various online institutes. We offer over 700 different online classes. For more information on all the online classes we offer , please go to https://www.dscc.edu/continuingeducation
Do you offer Continuing Education classes in Trenton and Covington?
FAQ Answer: We do offer courses at all three of our campuses.
Do you customize Continuing Education courses for industry and business?
FAQ Answer: We work with industry and business to develop customized courses to meet their training needs. We can offer traditional classes as well as provide on-line opportunities for learning. Contact Mandy Fisher at 731.286.3265 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Which methods of payment do you accept for Continuing Education courses?
FAQ Answer: We accept cash , checks and the following credit cards: Discover , Mastercard , VISA and American Express.
How can I have my name placed on the Continuing Education mailing list?
FAQ Answer: Please contact Rebecca McCaslin at 731.286.3267 or send her an email at email@example.com and ask to be placed on the mailing list.
Do we receive a certificate after completing a Continuing Education class?
FAQ Answer: CEUs (Continuing Education Units) are awarded for completion of all courses. Certificates verifying these CEUs are issued at the end of each course.
Would I get a refund if I had to cancel my Continuing Education class at the last minute?
FAQ Answer: If you are unable to attend the class for any reason , you must call our office and cancel your registration. Cancellations must be made three working days prior to the start of the class for a full refund unless otherwise specified. Substitutions are always welcome.
Do I get college credit for Continuing Education courses?
FAQ Answer: Continuing Education courses are non-credit courses: no academic credits are issued for completing a Continuing Education course. However , CEUs (Continuing Education Units) are awarded for completion of all courses.
When , how and where do I register for a Continuing Education class?
FAQ Answer: When you find a course you are interested in , you can register immediately by calling 731.286.3267. The usual deadline is the week before the class starts. Minimum enrollment levels are established for each course.
Do you have to take any type of competency test to enroll in continuing education classes?
FAQ Answer: No , we do not require any type of competency test in order to enroll for a Continuing Education class.