Frequently Asked Questions
- 06: Personnel (2) Apply 06: Personnel filter
- Admissions (20) Apply Admissions filter
- Adult Education (5) Apply Adult Education filter
- Advising (21) Apply Advising filter
- Athletics (6) Apply Athletics filter
- Business Office (22) Apply Business Office filter
- Continuing Education (25) Apply Continuing Education filter
- (-) Remove Financial Aid filter Financial Aid
- Information (26) Apply Information filter
- Internal Audit (1) Apply Internal Audit filter
- (-) Remove LRC filter LRC
- MyDSCC (3) Apply MyDSCC filter
- Nursing (16) Apply Nursing filter
- Online Courses (32) Apply Online Courses filter
- Registration (14) Apply Registration filter
- SBDC (3) Apply SBDC filter
- Services for Students with Disabilities (3) Apply Services for Students with Disabilities filter
- (-) Remove Student Services filter Student Services
- Testing (18) Apply Testing filter
Can I still play athletics if I have attended another college?
FAQ Answer: Yes, if you get a transfer waiver or a release and you meet all the NJCAA rules.
Where do I register my vehicle?
FAQ Answer: Students register their vehicles in the LRC. You must have your vehicle license number in order to register a vehicles. Students who need a temporary parking pass , please see Angie Cole in room 122 in the Student Center.
What is DSCC's Federal School Code?
FAQ Answer: 006835
How do I apply for institutional scholarships?
FAQ Answer: All students who complete the FAFSA and meet admissions requirements are eligible for scholarships. Eligible students are ranked using a formula where financial need is the primary consideration. Those applying by March 1 of the current award year are given first consideration.
Which lender do I choose to obtain a school loan?
FAQ Answer: The lender for the Federal Direct Loan program is the U.S. Department of Education.
I did not know I enrolled in an RODP course. I dropped the class immediately (after the 100% refund period). Can I get a refund for the RODP technology fee?
FAQ Answer: Unfortunately, no. DSCC makes every attempt to ensure that RODP courses are clearly marked in the course catalog and the schedule.
What are the deadlines for applying for financial aid?
- You may apply for financial aid at any time; however, priority deadlines do exist depending on the type of financial aid you are seeking. March 1 is the priority deadline for scholarships and funds for which the institution has limited resources.
What is an EFC?
- The expected family contribution (EFC) is the amount your family can reasonably be expected to contribute to your education as determined by a formula developed by Congress and applied uniformly to all students.
Do I have to use my parents' information if I don’t live with them?
- Students who fall under the following category must use their parents' income information: under the age of 24, unmarried, not a veteran, not an orphan or ward of the court, do not have dependents for whom they provide more than 50% of their support, and not working on a master's or doctorate program.
Who do I include in my household on the financial aid application?
- For the household size, include all people that live in your household (or your parents' household, if applicable) for whom you (or your parents) provide more than half of their support and you (or your parents) will continue to provide more than half of their support for the year in which you will be attending school.