Frequently Asked Questions
- 06: Personnel (2) Apply 06: Personnel filter
- Admissions (20) Apply Admissions filter
- Adult Education (5) Apply Adult Education filter
- Advising (21) Apply Advising filter
- Athletics (6) Apply Athletics filter
- Business Office (22) Apply Business Office filter
- (-) Remove Continuing Education filter Continuing Education
- Financial Aid (54) Apply Financial Aid filter
- (-) Remove Information filter Information
- Internal Audit (1) Apply Internal Audit filter
- LRC (1) Apply LRC filter
- MyDSCC (3) Apply MyDSCC filter
- Nursing (16) Apply Nursing filter
- Online Courses (32) Apply Online Courses filter
- (-) Remove Registration filter Registration
- SBDC (3) Apply SBDC filter
- Services for Students with Disabilities (3) Apply Services for Students with Disabilities filter
- Student Services (2) Apply Student Services filter
- Testing (18) Apply Testing filter
Can I be contacted in case of an emergency?
FAQ Answer: All emergency messages should be directed to the Office of Records at 731.286.3350 or the director of the center where the student is in class. Efforts will be made to contact the student.
Does Dyersburg State have dormitories or other housing?
FAQ Answer: No, but the Office of Student Services maintains a housing referral list for the Dyersburg area.
Is a student identification card necessary?
FAQ Answer: Yes, all students taking credit courses must obtain a student identification card. Identification cards are made at the Learning Resource Center at each center.
Do I need a parking decal?
FAQ Answer: Yes, all vehicles parked on campus must have a parking decal prominently displayed.
How are student ID's assigned? Is there a particular formula that is followed (e.g. Students initials and last four digits of the SSN)?
FAQ Answer: The ID you use in order to enter MyDSCC is assigned by our administration system. The ID assigned to you is the first initial of your first name followed by the last name (up to 8 characters). Duplicate ID's are resolved by adding a number to the end of the ID. For example, Joan Smith would be assigned the ID 'jsmith'. John Smith would be assigned the ID 'jsmith1'. For help with this, please contact the helpdesk at 731-288-7780.
I did not receive a requested transcript. Who do I talk to?
FAQ Answer: If the transcript is for your personal use, you can print an unofficial copy by logging into MyDSCC and selecting Self Service Banner. If you have requested a transcript to be sent to another institution and the institution has not received it, please call the One Stop at 731-286-3350.
Can I take a class without receiving credit?
FAQ Answer: Yes , students wishing to audit a class may do so on a space available basis. An application for admission is required and fees are the same as for a credit class. Students may also change from credit to audit by the published deadline in the course schedule. Students under the age of 17 cannot audit a course without the permission of the academic dean offering the desired course.
Do professionals teach the Continuing Education classes?
FAQ Answer: Yes. Though our instructors come from all walks of life , they are all experts in their fields.
Do you offer scholarships for parents who can't afford to pay for their children to participate in a Continuing Education children's program?
FAQ Answer: Yes , we do offer scholarships to all parents who cannot afford to pay the course fee for their children to attend the children's programs. Parents are asked to contact Mandy Fisher at 731.286.3265 or email@example.com for more information.
Are you penalized if you have to miss a Continuing Education class after you are enrolled?
FAQ Answer: No , you are not penalized. Most course instructors allow you to make-up work so that you can complete the course. There are exceptions to make-up work , however , such as the Motorcycle Rider Safety course.