Frequently Asked Questions
- 06: Personnel (2) Apply 06: Personnel filter
- (-) Remove Admissions filter Admissions
- Adult Education (5) Apply Adult Education filter
- Advising (21) Apply Advising filter
- Athletics (6) Apply Athletics filter
- Continuing Education (25) Apply Continuing Education filter
- Financial Aid (54) Apply Financial Aid filter
- (-) Remove Information filter Information
- Internal Audit (1) Apply Internal Audit filter
- (-) Remove LRC filter LRC
- (-) Remove MyDSCC filter MyDSCC
- Nursing (16) Apply Nursing filter
- Online Courses (32) Apply Online Courses filter
- (-) Remove Registration filter Registration
- SBDC (3) Apply SBDC filter
- Services for Students with Disabilities (3) Apply Services for Students with Disabilities filter
- Student Financial Services (22) Apply Student Financial Services filter
- Student Services (2) Apply Student Services filter
- Testing (18) Apply Testing filter
How do I register for a class?
FAQ Answer: You may register in the Advising Centers located at the main campus and the Gibson and Tipton County centers. The advising centers are open during the summer and between the fall and spring semesters. When you apply for admission/readmission , you will be assigned an advisor who can help you plan your schedule of classes and talk with you about your educational goals. If you have already applied for admission , contact the Office of Records at 731-286-3350 for your advisor's name and contact information.
I have registered for my classes: what do I do next?
FAQ Answer: If you are paying your fees or if you have received notification of a financial aid award , confirm your enrollment and pay any remaining fees by logging into MyDSCC and selecting Enrollment Confirmation/Payment of Fees.
How do I drop a class?
FAQ Answer: Classes can be dropped online until the deadline for withdrawing for the term at www.dscc.edu.
Is there a place on your website where I can look up course equivalencies for my current school?
FAQ Answer: Yes. Go to www.dscc.edu and click on Admissions and Registration. Under the Quick Links , select Transfer Information. If your current school is not listed , check with the Office of Records about DSCC course equivalencies.
I'm trying to register for my classes online and it's saying that I have a hold on my account: to whom do I need to speak?
FAQ Answer: Included in the hold information is the office that set the hold. Please contact that office if you have questions about the hold. You may also contact the Office of Records office at 731-286-3350 if you have further questions.
Who do I talk to about scheduling an orientation date?
FAQ Answer: Please contact the Admissions Counselor at 731-286-3324.
Why can't I print in the LRC?
FAQ Answer: Each student is given 450 sheets per semester to use for printing. If you have used all of your available prints , you will need to purchase more sheets at the Business Office on the Dyersburg Campus or an off-campus center office. Cost is 10 cents per sheet. If you still have prints available and cannot print , contact the DSCC Business Office front desk at 286-3310. Members of the community are also allowed to use the printers in the Learning Resource Center: the cost is 10 cents per sheet and may be purchased at the Help Desk in the Learning Resource Center.
Who do I speak with about Dual-Enrollment?
FAQ Answer: Contact your high school guidance counselor or DSCC's Assistant Director of Recruitment at 901-475-3132.
What if I lose something on campus?
- Glover Room 259 (English Suite)
- Gym- Office 137 (Laurie Jones office)
- Student Center- One Stop
- CAB –Teresa Adams
- Eller- Front desk
- LRC- Front desk
- Math – Administrative Assistant (Stacie Purvis)
- Security Bank – Continuing Ed
GCC: – Front desk
- Naifeh Building – Front desk
- Baptist Memorial Healthcare Academic Building – Front Desk
- SC/LRC – LRC Circulation Desk
What is the last day to drop a class?
FAQ Answer: Fall 2014 - October 31, 2014