Frequently Asked Questions
- 06: Personnel (2) Apply 06: Personnel filter
- (-) Remove Admissions filter Admissions
- Adult Education (5) Apply Adult Education filter
- Advising (21) Apply Advising filter
- Athletics (6) Apply Athletics filter
- (-) Remove Continuing Education filter Continuing Education
- Financial Aid (54) Apply Financial Aid filter
- (-) Remove Information filter Information
- Internal Audit (1) Apply Internal Audit filter
- (-) Remove LRC filter LRC
- (-) Remove MyDSCC filter MyDSCC
- Nursing (16) Apply Nursing filter
- Online Courses (32) Apply Online Courses filter
- Registration (14) Apply Registration filter
- SBDC (3) Apply SBDC filter
- (-) Remove Services for Students with Disabilities filter Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Financial Services (22) Apply Student Financial Services filter
- (-) Remove Student Services filter Student Services
- (-) Remove Testing filter Testing
What are contract classes?
FAQ Answer: Contract classes are courses developed to meet the needs of an individual industry , business or group. Please contact Mandy Fisher at 731.286.3265 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
I will be late to class or will not be able to come to class. Who do I report to?
FAQ Answer: You need to contact your instructor to ask permission to come into class late. Some instructors will not allow students to enter after class begins. You can also notify your instructor if you are unable to meet a class , and be sure to ask if you can get the next assignment so that you will be prepared when you return to class.
How do I request my Dyersburg State transcript or enrollment verification?
FAQ Answer: You may mail (1510 Lake Road , Dyersburg , TN 38024) or fax (731-286-3325) your request to the Office of Records. Please include your name, Banner ID, SSN or birth date, your signature and where you would like your transcript sent. There is no charge. It will take approximately three days to process your request.
Where can I find more information on student-related policies and concerns?
FAQ Answer: The DSCC Catalog and Student Handbook is published yearly and is available online at www.DSCC.edu. Students can also contact the Office of Student Services for more information at 731-286-3240.
Are firearms allowed on campus?
FAQ Answer: No. It is a felony if a weapon of any type (Shotguns, Bows, Rifle, Pistol, etc.) is discovered, including weapons used during hunting season. All weapons are prohibited: DSCC observes a zero tolerance policy.
I received this letter but I don't know what it said. What do I do?
FAQ Answer: The letterhead or envelope should tell you what department sent you the letter as well as a contact number. If you still do not know , please contact the Office of Student Services at 731-286-3350.
Is campus security available?
FAQ Answer: The Dyersburg Campus has security personnel on duty 1st and 2nd shift Monday through Friday and 8:00 - 5:00 Saturday and Sunday. The Jimmy Naifeh Center at Tipton County has 2nd shift Monday through Friday (During the Fall and Spring terms) and as needed on Saturday and Sunday.
How can I find out information on the college's crime rate?
FAQ Answer: For information , view the Crime Statistics Report located on the DSCC website at www.dscc.edu. A link to the report can be found on any of the listings on the left side of the webpage. The reports are also printed and displayed at various locations around the campus and centers.
How do I request for my transcripts to be sent somewhere?
FAQ Answer: To have your official DSCC transcript sent somewhere, you will need to make the request in writing. You can print a request form from the Student tab in MyDSCC. The request can be mailed to the Office of Records office or faxed to 731-286-3325. You can view and print your DSCC transcript online: however, this will not be an official copy. DSCC will not release transcripts we have received from other institutions.
I am having problems logging on. Where can I get help?
FAQ Answer: For technical assistance , contact the LRC Help Desk. The Help Desk telephone numbers are 731-288-7780 for the Dyersburg Campus , 901-475-3177 for the Jimmy Naifeh Center at Tipton County and 731-222-5180 for the Gibson County Center. You may also contact the Help Desk by e-mail at email@example.com.