Frequently Asked Questions
When a student asks us to do so, the Office of Services for Students with Disabilities, provides reasonable accommodations such as readers, scribes, signed language interpreters, and assistive technology.
At no time does a student pay fees for reasonable accommodations. However, personal services such as personal care attendants, drivers, etc. or personal devices such as tape recorders, software, etc. which would need to be taken home are the responsibility of the student.
Students who are deaf may request the use of a sign language interpreter in order to have access to course lectures and other college activities. Sign language interpreters are professionals employed by Dyersburg State Community College (DSCC). Their job is to provide access by interpreting lecture and other spoken communication into signed communication, usually American Sign Language (ASL). Interpreters maintain a professional level of distance in the classroom when interpreting. Students handle requests for signed language interpreters directly with the Counselor/ADA Coordinator and need to do so as soon as they know they will be attending DSCC. The Counselor/ADA Coordinator may be contacted by email to arrange a meeting or phone call using TTY at Counselor@DSCC.edu.
Note: The interpreter’s job is to interpret spoken language into sign, and to voice signed language. The signed language interpreter is not responsible for the student’s grasp of material, homework, testing arrangements, or attendance. These are the student’s responsibility.
No student can be denied access to any program based solely on his or her disability. All students must adhere to the standards of the program with necessary accommodations made according to his or her disability so long as the accommodations do not fundamentally alter the objectives of the program. When the standards are not met and the student has been given appropriate accommodations, it is reasonable that the student may be denied certification in the program.
If you have a credit (-) balance on your student account, have confirmed your enrollment and electronically submit a completed Book Voucher Application before 2 p.m. on a school day, your voucher will be processed and available the same business day. Applications submitted after 2 p.m. on a school day and anytime on the weekend will not be processed until the following business day.
- Login to MyDSCC.
- Log in with your unique Username and Password.
- Click on the Student Tab.
- Under Registration Tools, complete Confirming Enrollment by clicking Payment of Fees/Confirmation of Enrollment.
- In the same box, click on Book Voucher Form.
- A box will open directing you to the Book Voucher.
- Enter your current phone number and address.
- Read the terms and conditions of the book voucher, and click Next.
- Read the instructions regarding the electronic signature.
- Enter your name exactly as it appears on your form, and click Sign Electronically. You may choose to opt out and print the form. If you choose to opt out, additional instructions will be provided.
You will be notified via email to your MyDSCC address when your Book Voucher has been processed. Check your MyDSCC email regularly as this is the method used by DSCC to relay important information to you.
- Glover Room 259 (English Suite)
- Gym- Office 137 (Laurie Jones office)
- Student Center- One Stop
- CAB –Teresa Adams
- Eller- Front desk
- LRC- Front desk
- Math – Administrative Assistant (Stacie Purvis)
- Security Bank – Continuing Ed
GCC: – Front desk
- Naifeh Building – Front desk
- Baptist Memorial Healthcare Academic Building – Front Desk
- SC/LRC – LRC Circulation Desk