Frequently Asked Questions
- (-) Remove 06: Personnel filter 06: Personnel
- (-) Remove Admissions filter Admissions
- Adult Education (5) Apply Adult Education filter
- Advising (21) Apply Advising filter
- Athletics (6) Apply Athletics filter
- Continuing Education (25) Apply Continuing Education filter
- Financial Aid (54) Apply Financial Aid filter
- Information (26) Apply Information filter
- Internal Audit (1) Apply Internal Audit filter
- (-) Remove LRC filter LRC
- (-) Remove MyDSCC filter MyDSCC
- Nursing (16) Apply Nursing filter
- Online Courses (32) Apply Online Courses filter
- (-) Remove Registration filter Registration
- SBDC (3) Apply SBDC filter
- (-) Remove Services for Students with Disabilities filter Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Financial Services (22) Apply Student Financial Services filter
- (-) Remove Student Services filter Student Services
- Testing (18) Apply Testing filter
Can I apply online to Dyersburg State Community College?
FAQ Answer: Yes, please visit our website at www.dscc.edu and click on Apply Now, then follow the simple directions. If you need help, please contact the One Stop at 731-286-3350.
Can I have information mailed to me?
FAQ Answer: We are glad to mail information to students. Please contact us at 731-286-3350 or email email@example.com.
I have filled out my application: what do I do next?
FAQ Answer: You will receive information in the mail from the Office of Records about logging into MyDSCC. After you receive your Username and Password, you can view admissions requirements, find the name of your advisor, view the schedule of classes for the upcoming term, register for classes and view any holds that might prevent you from registering.
Why does Dyersburg State send so many letters?
FAQ Answer: There is a purpose for every letter that is sent to you from Dyersburg State and each letter should be opened and read. Every letter sent will either contain important information you need to know or requests for action that you need to take.
Can I take a class without receiving credit?
FAQ Answer: Yes , students wishing to audit a class may do so on a space available basis. An application for admission is required and fees are the same as for a credit class. Students may also change from credit to audit by the published deadline in the course schedule. Students under the age of 17 cannot audit a course without the permission of the academic dean offering the desired course.
I am a new student , where do I go to register?
FAQ Answer: New students may register either on our website www.dscc.edu or in the One Stop desk located at the main campus in Dyersburg, the Gibson County Center in Trenton and the Jimmy Naifeh Center in Covington.
Are there minimum requirements that need to be met before being admitted to DSCC? Is there an age requirement?
FAQ Answer: There is no age requirement to be admitted to DSCC. Contact the Office of Admissions at 731-286-3350 or go to www.dscc.edu and click the Admissions tab for information related to applying as a degree-seeking, non-degree seeking, transfer, or readmitting student.
Will my courses transfer from Dyersburg State to other colleges?
FAQ Answer: As an accredited institution of Council on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACSCOC) , the undergraduate curriculum at Dyersburg State is designed to consider the institutions to which students transfer. DSCC credits will transfer to all Tennessee Board of Regents institutions and most other institutions of higher education in the state of Tennessee.
Will my classes from other colleges transfer to Dyersburg State?
FAQ Answer: Once you have applied to the college and your transcripts from other schools have been received, an official transfer evaluation will be done. Credit is contingent upon course equivalence, content, and grades.
Do you accept SAT scores for evaluating admission to the college? I did not take the ACT.
FAQ Answer: Yes , SAT scores can be used in place of ACT scores.