Frequently Asked Questions
- (-) Remove 06: Personnel filter 06: Personnel
- (-) Remove Admissions filter Admissions
- Adult Education (5) Apply Adult Education filter
- Advising (21) Apply Advising filter
- Athletics (6) Apply Athletics filter
- (-) Remove Continuing Education filter Continuing Education
- Financial Aid (54) Apply Financial Aid filter
- Information (26) Apply Information filter
- Internal Audit (1) Apply Internal Audit filter
- (-) Remove LRC filter LRC
- (-) Remove MyDSCC filter MyDSCC
- Nursing (16) Apply Nursing filter
- (-) Remove Online Courses filter Online Courses
- Registration (14) Apply Registration filter
- SBDC (3) Apply SBDC filter
- (-) Remove Services for Students with Disabilities filter Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Financial Services (22) Apply Student Financial Services filter
- Student Services (2) Apply Student Services filter
- Testing (18) Apply Testing filter
I have filled out my application: what do I do next?
FAQ Answer: You will receive information in the mail from the Office of Records about logging into MyDSCC. After you receive your Username and Password, you can view admissions requirements, find the name of your advisor, view the schedule of classes for the upcoming term, register for classes and view any holds that might prevent you from registering.
Why does Dyersburg State send so many letters?
FAQ Answer: There is a purpose for every letter that is sent to you from Dyersburg State and each letter should be opened and read. Every letter sent will either contain important information you need to know or requests for action that you need to take.
I am a new student , where do I go to register?
FAQ Answer: New students may register either on our website www.dscc.edu or in the One Stop desk located at the main campus in Dyersburg, the Gibson County Center in Trenton and the Jimmy Naifeh Center in Covington.
Are there minimum requirements that need to be met before being admitted to DSCC? Is there an age requirement?
FAQ Answer: There is no age requirement to be admitted to DSCC. Contact the Office of Admissions at 731-286-3350 or go to www.dscc.edu and click the Admissions tab for information related to applying as a degree-seeking, non-degree seeking, transfer, or readmitting student.
Will my courses transfer from Dyersburg State to other colleges?
FAQ Answer: As an accredited institution of Council on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACSCOC) , the undergraduate curriculum at Dyersburg State is designed to consider the institutions to which students transfer. DSCC credits will transfer to all Tennessee Board of Regents institutions and most other institutions of higher education in the state of Tennessee.
Will my classes from other colleges transfer to Dyersburg State?
FAQ Answer: Once you have applied to the college and your transcripts from other schools have been received, an official transfer evaluation will be done. Credit is contingent upon course equivalence, content, and grades.
Do you accept SAT scores for evaluating admission to the college? I did not take the ACT.
FAQ Answer: Yes , SAT scores can be used in place of ACT scores.
What do I need to do to apply for admission to your school?
FAQ Answer: Admission requirements vary according to your most recent educational experience. All students will need to apply, provide transcripts, ACT or COMPASS scores, and immunization information.
Do professionals teach the Continuing Education classes?
FAQ Answer: Yes. Though our instructors come from all walks of life , they are all experts in their fields.
Do you offer scholarships for parents who can't afford to pay for their children to participate in a Continuing Education children's program?
FAQ Answer: Yes , we do offer scholarships to all parents who cannot afford to pay the course fee for their children to attend the children's programs. Parents are asked to contact Mandy Fisher at 731.286.3265 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.