Frequently Asked Questions
- 06: Personnel (2) Apply 06: Personnel filter
- (-) Remove Admissions filter Admissions
- Adult Education (5) Apply Adult Education filter
- Advising (21) Apply Advising filter
- Athletics (6) Apply Athletics filter
- Business Office (22) Apply Business Office filter
- Continuing Education (25) Apply Continuing Education filter
- Financial Aid (54) Apply Financial Aid filter
- Information (26) Apply Information filter
- (-) Remove Internal Audit filter Internal Audit
- (-) Remove LRC filter LRC
- (-) Remove MyDSCC filter MyDSCC
- (-) Remove Nursing filter Nursing
- Online Courses (32) Apply Online Courses filter
- Registration (14) Apply Registration filter
- SBDC (3) Apply SBDC filter
- (-) Remove Services for Students with Disabilities filter Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Services (2) Apply Student Services filter
- Testing (18) Apply Testing filter
How can I transfer to the DSCC Nursing program if I am already attending another nursing program elsewhere?
FAQ Answer: Submit a written request for transfer along with a letter of recommendation from the director of the previous nursing program verifying your good standing to the Nursing Admission and Retention Committee. Submit all official transcripts and appropriate course descriptions from the previous school of nursing. Nursing courses will be evaluated on an individual basis. Transfer admission is based upon space availability. You must also meet the same requirements as students seeking readmission. See the "Readmission and Transfer into the Nursing Program" section in the college catalog.
Why can't I print in the LRC?
FAQ Answer: Each student is given 450 sheets per semester to use for printing. If you have used all of your available prints , you will need to purchase more sheets at the Business Office on the Dyersburg Campus or an off-campus center office. Cost is 10 cents per sheet. If you still have prints available and cannot print , contact the DSCC Business Office front desk at 286-3310. Members of the community are also allowed to use the printers in the Learning Resource Center: the cost is 10 cents per sheet and may be purchased at the Help Desk in the Learning Resource Center.
Who do I speak with about Dual-Enrollment?
FAQ Answer: Contact your high school guidance counselor or DSCC's Assistant Director of Recruitment at 901-475-3132.
What is the last day to apply for the upcoming semester?
FAQ Answer: The deadline to apply for admission is found in the academic calendar; however, you are strongly encouraged to apply early so that you will have the best selection of classes. International applicants should contact the Office of Admissions at 731-286-3350.