Frequently Asked Questions
- (-) Remove 06: Personnel filter 06: Personnel
- (-) Remove Admissions filter Admissions
- Adult Education (5) Apply Adult Education filter
- Advising (21) Apply Advising filter
- Athletics (6) Apply Athletics filter
- Business Office (22) Apply Business Office filter
- (-) Remove Continuing Education filter Continuing Education
- Financial Aid (54) Apply Financial Aid filter
- (-) Remove Information filter Information
- Internal Audit (1) Apply Internal Audit filter
- (-) Remove LRC filter LRC
- (-) Remove MyDSCC filter MyDSCC
- Nursing (16) Apply Nursing filter
- Online Courses (32) Apply Online Courses filter
- Registration (14) Apply Registration filter
- SBDC (3) Apply SBDC filter
- (-) Remove Services for Students with Disabilities filter Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Services (2) Apply Student Services filter
- (-) Remove Testing filter Testing
Are there minimum requirements that need to be met before being admitted to DSCC? Is there an age requirement?
FAQ Answer: There is no age requirement to be admitted to DSCC. Contact the Office of Admissions at 731-286-3350 or go to www.dscc.edu and click the Admissions tab for information related to applying as a degree-seeking, non-degree seeking, transfer, or readmitting student.
Will my courses transfer from Dyersburg State to other colleges?
FAQ Answer: As an accredited institution of Council on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACSCOC) , the undergraduate curriculum at Dyersburg State is designed to consider the institutions to which students transfer. DSCC credits will transfer to all Tennessee Board of Regents institutions and most other institutions of higher education in the state of Tennessee.
Will my classes from other colleges transfer to Dyersburg State?
FAQ Answer: Once you have applied to the college and your transcripts from other schools have been received, an official transfer evaluation will be done. Credit is contingent upon course equivalence, content, and grades.
Do you accept SAT scores for evaluating admission to the college? I did not take the ACT.
FAQ Answer: Yes , SAT scores can be used in place of ACT scores.
What do I need to do to apply for admission to your school?
FAQ Answer: Admission requirements vary according to your most recent educational experience. All students will need to apply, provide transcripts, ACT or COMPASS scores, and immunization information.
Do professionals teach the Continuing Education classes?
FAQ Answer: Yes. Though our instructors come from all walks of life , they are all experts in their fields.
Do you offer scholarships for parents who can't afford to pay for their children to participate in a Continuing Education children's program?
FAQ Answer: Yes , we do offer scholarships to all parents who cannot afford to pay the course fee for their children to attend the children's programs. Parents are asked to contact Mandy Fisher at 731.286.3265 or email@example.com for more information.
Are you penalized if you have to miss a Continuing Education class after you are enrolled?
FAQ Answer: No , you are not penalized. Most course instructors allow you to make-up work so that you can complete the course. There are exceptions to make-up work , however , such as the Motorcycle Rider Safety course.
Can EMTs and Paramedics get CEUs for refresher courses?
FAQ Answer: Yes , we issue certificates at the end of each course verifying CEUs (Continuing Education Units) earned. We can also issue transcripts listing the courses (with CEUs) they have taken during a certain time period.
Who do I call to get information on all the Continuing Education courses running in your department?
FAQ Answer: For all personal enrichment courses and children's programs , please contact Rebecca McCaslin at 731.286.3267 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For courses regarding professional development , please contact Mandy Fisher at 731.286.3265 or email@example.com.