Frequently Asked Questions
- 06: Personnel (2) Apply 06: Personnel filter
- (-) Remove Admissions filter Admissions
- Adult Education (5) Apply Adult Education filter
- Advising (21) Apply Advising filter
- (-) Remove Athletics filter Athletics
- (-) Remove Continuing Education filter Continuing Education
- (-) Remove Financial Aid filter Financial Aid
- Information (26) Apply Information filter
- Internal Audit (1) Apply Internal Audit filter
- (-) Remove LRC filter LRC
- (-) Remove MyDSCC filter MyDSCC
- Nursing (16) Apply Nursing filter
- Online Courses (32) Apply Online Courses filter
- Registration (14) Apply Registration filter
- SBDC (3) Apply SBDC filter
- Services for Students with Disabilities (3) Apply Services for Students with Disabilities filter
- (-) Remove Student Financial Services filter Student Financial Services
- (-) Remove Student Services filter Student Services
- (-) Remove Testing filter Testing
How do I find out the status of my application?
FAQ Answer: You can check the status of your admission application online at www.dscc.edu or you can call the One Stop at 731-286-3350.
I requested a catalog last week, but I still haven't received it, why?
FAQ Answer: DSCC does not publish a catalog. You can view the catalog and student handbook at www.dscc.edu.
I took my GED test somewhere else; how do I get a copy of that sent somewhere?
FAQ Answer: You must contact the GED Testing Center where you took the test.
Why do I have to take the Practice Test?
FAQ Answer: It is a Tennessee state requirement.
Can I apply online for admission to the college?
FAQ Answer: Yes. Go to www.dscc.edu and click the Apply Now.
Can I still play athletics if I have attended another college?
FAQ Answer: Yes, if you get a transfer waiver or a release and you meet all the NJCAA rules.
Do I get any free print copies?
FAQ Answer: Yes. Each student will be issued 450 free print copies each semester. Any unused Fall or Spring term copies will roll over to be added to the next term totals.
What do I need to bring for testing?
FAQ Answer: Please bring a photograph ID, pencils, scratch paper and a calculator.
Is there a cost for taking the COMPASS?
FAQ Answer: There is no charge for taking the COMPASS the first time.
What is the score I have to have on the GED?
FAQ Answer: A minimum score of 410 must be achieved on each subject area and an overall battery average of 450.