Frequently Asked Questions
- (-) Remove 06: Personnel filter 06: Personnel
- Admissions (20) Apply Admissions filter
- Adult Education (5) Apply Adult Education filter
- (-) Remove Advising filter Advising
- Athletics (6) Apply Athletics filter
- Continuing Education (25) Apply Continuing Education filter
- Financial Aid (54) Apply Financial Aid filter
- (-) Remove Information filter Information
- Internal Audit (1) Apply Internal Audit filter
- (-) Remove LRC filter LRC
- (-) Remove MyDSCC filter MyDSCC
- Nursing (16) Apply Nursing filter
- Online Courses (32) Apply Online Courses filter
- Registration (14) Apply Registration filter
- SBDC (3) Apply SBDC filter
- Services for Students with Disabilities (3) Apply Services for Students with Disabilities filter
- Student Financial Services (22) Apply Student Financial Services filter
- Student Services (2) Apply Student Services filter
- Testing (18) Apply Testing filter
Can I be contacted in case of an emergency?
FAQ Answer: All emergency messages should be directed to the Office of Records at 731.286.3350 or the director of the center where the student is in class. Efforts will be made to contact the student.
Does Dyersburg State have dormitories or other housing?
FAQ Answer: No, but the Office of Student Services maintains a housing referral list for the Dyersburg area.
Is a student identification card necessary?
FAQ Answer: Yes, all students taking credit courses must obtain a student identification card. Identification cards are made at the Learning Resource Center at each center.
Do I need a parking decal?
FAQ Answer: Yes, all vehicles parked on campus must have a parking decal prominently displayed.
Where can I can get help if I am failing a class.
FAQ Answer: Yes, tutoring is available at the Dyersburg Campus and at the Jimmy Naifeh Center in Tipton County through the Tutoring Center.
Is tutoring available at the Jimmy Naifeh Center in Covington?
FAQ Answer: Yes, tutoring is available at the Jimmy Naifeh Center. The Tutoring Center is located in Room 157 at the Jimmy Naifeh Building. For information
How are student ID's assigned? Is there a particular formula that is followed (e.g. Students initials and last four digits of the SSN)?
FAQ Answer: The ID you use in order to enter MyDSCC is assigned by our administration system. The ID assigned to you is the first initial of your first name followed by the last name (up to 8 characters). Duplicate ID's are resolved by adding a number to the end of the ID. For example, Joan Smith would be assigned the ID 'jsmith'. John Smith would be assigned the ID 'jsmith1'. For help with this, please contact the helpdesk at 731-288-7780.
If I need advisement and am unable to meet with my regular advisor , where could I go on any given day to get help?
FAQ Answer: The Upward Bound office , The DSCC Advising center , Student Services or Admissions and Records.
Can I speak to an advisor?
FAQ Answer: Yes. Advisors are available at the advising centers located at each of the DSCC centers. If you plan to take courses in Trenton or Covington , you can also schedule an appointment with the Center Director (Julie Griggs or Janet Newman). During the fall and spring semesters , you can contact your academic advisor.
Someone told me I had to take a test before scheduling classes. What test do they mean?
FAQ Answer: Most likely , it is related to developmental courses you might need to take based on your ACT scores or Compass test scores. Please see an advisor to review your records and discuss why you might have been told this. You may contact the Advising Center at 731.286.3365 , 731.288.7514 or 731.286.3359.