Frequently Asked Questions
- 06: Personnel (2) Apply 06: Personnel filter
- (-) Remove Admissions filter Admissions
- Adult Education (5) Apply Adult Education filter
- Advising (21) Apply Advising filter
- (-) Remove Athletics filter Athletics
- Business Office (22) Apply Business Office filter
- Continuing Education (25) Apply Continuing Education filter
- Financial Aid (54) Apply Financial Aid filter
- Information (26) Apply Information filter
- Internal Audit (1) Apply Internal Audit filter
- (-) Remove LRC filter LRC
- MyDSCC (3) Apply MyDSCC filter
- Nursing (16) Apply Nursing filter
- (-) Remove Online Courses filter Online Courses
- Registration (14) Apply Registration filter
- SBDC (3) Apply SBDC filter
- Services for Students with Disabilities (3) Apply Services for Students with Disabilities filter
- Student Services (2) Apply Student Services filter
- (-) Remove Testing filter Testing
Will the face-to-face class always meet on the same day in an online or hybrid class?
FAQ Answer: Yes. The day the class meets on campus will be posted in the course schedule and these dates and times will remain the same throughout the semester.
Which is the best browser for DSCC eLearn (D2L)?
FAQ Answer: DSCC eLearn (D2L) is best viewed with Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. All Online class users should go through the system check located on the DSCC eLearn page which can be accessed at www.dscc.edu.
Where can I take the PRAXIS?
FAQ Answer: The computer-based PRAXIS is offered at the University of Memphis , and the University of Tennessee at Martin. The paper-based PRAXIS is offered at Lane College and Union University in Jackson and the University of Tennessee at Martin. Check www.ets.org for dates and registration information.
Can I take the PRAXIS at DSCC?
FAQ Answer: No. However , the computer-based PRAXIS is offered at Lambuth University in Jackson and by the University of Tennessee at Martin. The paper-based PRAXIS is offered at Lane College and Union University in Jackson and at the University of Tennessee at Martin. Check www.ets.org for dates and registration information.
Can I get a duplicate diploma? How much is the cost?
FAQ Answer: The student completes a form that is sent to the State GED Office in Nashville. There is no cost for a duplicate diploma.
When can I retest if I didn't pass my GED?
FAQ Answer: There is a 30 day waiting period before you can take the GED test again.
When do I get my GED diploma?
FAQ Answer: The State GED Office in Nashville issues the GED diplomas. It typically takes 6-8 weeks after the student receives their score transcript in the mail.
Can I just walk on and be eligible for athletics?
FAQ Answer: No, you must meet certain academic criteria.
Is there a try out for baseball , softball or basketball?
FAQ Answer: Contact the head coach for each respective sport for information on try outs and how to get involved with a team. Men's Basketball: Alan Barnett 731-286-3259 Women's Basketball 731-288-7742 Baseball: Robert White 731-286-3252 Softball:George White 731-286-3274
Do you have any athletic scholarships available?
FAQ Answer: There have been cases where scholarships were available for walk-on athletes. The athlete must pass a proving period before they become entitled to any scholarships that might be available. Contact the Athletic Director at 731-286-3259.