Frequently Asked Questions
- (-) Remove 06: Personnel filter 06: Personnel
- Admissions (20) Apply Admissions filter
- Adult Education (5) Apply Adult Education filter
- Advising (21) Apply Advising filter
- Athletics (6) Apply Athletics filter
- Continuing Education (25) Apply Continuing Education filter
- Financial Aid (54) Apply Financial Aid filter
- Information (26) Apply Information filter
- Internal Audit (1) Apply Internal Audit filter
- (-) Remove LRC filter LRC
- MyDSCC (3) Apply MyDSCC filter
- Nursing (16) Apply Nursing filter
- (-) Remove Online Courses filter Online Courses
- Registration (14) Apply Registration filter
- SBDC (3) Apply SBDC filter
- Services for Students with Disabilities (3) Apply Services for Students with Disabilities filter
- Student Financial Services (22) Apply Student Financial Services filter
- (-) Remove Student Services filter Student Services
- Testing (18) Apply Testing filter
Can I still play athletics if I have attended another college?
FAQ Answer: Yes, if you get a transfer waiver or a release and you meet all the NJCAA rules.
Where do I register my vehicle?
FAQ Answer: Students register their vehicles in the LRC. You must have your vehicle license number in order to register a vehicles. Students who need a temporary parking pass , please see Angie Cole in room 122 in the Student Center.
Do students get the same information and content in an Internet course as they would in an on-campus course?
FAQ Answer: The education you receive from an online class is the same: however, due to the nature of online learning you may experience the course in a format that best transmits the learning experience through online media.
Why do my email messages and discussion posts disappear once I read them?
FAQ Answer: To show previously read email or discussion postings, select "All" next to display.
Is there an orientation for online courses?
FAQ Answer: Orientation tutorial videos are provided by the DSCC Help Desk. A link to the videos can be found in the How to Get Started section of the DSCC eLearn course homepage, on the Help Desk webpage, or by going directly to the Tutorials page at www.dscc.edu/tutorials. If you need further assistance, please contact the DSCC Help Desk at 731-288-7780 Dyersburg Campus or 901-475-3177 Jimmy Naifeh Center or 731-222-5180 Gibson County Center. You may also contact the Help Desk by e-mail at email@example.com.
What if I don't have equipment needed at home to access an online course?
FAQ Answer: All of Dyersburg State locations have computer labs and resource centers with open lab hours where the courses may be accessed. Of course, to be successful in an online course, you must have reliable access to either a DSCC lab or a computer with Internet access.
What are the computer requirements for online classes?
FAQ Answer: Each online course may have specific requirements, depending on the course. You should check the Course Syllabus to ensure your PC meets the specifications for the course. Generally, however, you should have a computer that has a Windows XP or better operating system, 512MB of RAM, 80GB Hard Drive, and a processor speed of at least 700 Mhz.
Can I work at my own pace or do I need to follow a class schedule?
FAQ Answer: Online courses follow the same schedule as traditional courses. These are not self-paced courses. Students follow an outline of topics, turn in assignments and take exams on dates scheduled in the course by the instructor. For example, an instructor makes an assignment due on July 8th. The student may work on the assignment any time (night or day). As long as the student turns the completed assignment in by July 8th, the student has met the instructor's expectations.
Can I access my DSCC eLearn (D2L) course(s) from home?
FAQ Answer: Yes, provided you have Internet access at home. In fact, you can access your DSCC eLearn courses from any computer anywhere provided it has an Internet connection.
Who do I contact if I am having trouble with DSCC eLearn (D2L)?
FAQ Answer: For technical assistance with online classes, contact the LRC Help Desk at 731-288-7780 in Dyersburg or 901-475-3177 in Covington or 731-222-5180 in Trenton. You may also contact the Help Desk by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org