Frequently Asked Questions
- (-) Remove 06: Personnel filter 06: Personnel
- (-) Remove Admissions filter Admissions
- (-) Remove Adult Education filter Adult Education
- Advising (21) Apply Advising filter
- Athletics (6) Apply Athletics filter
- Continuing Education (25) Apply Continuing Education filter
- Financial Aid (54) Apply Financial Aid filter
- Information (26) Apply Information filter
- (-) Remove Internal Audit filter Internal Audit
- LRC (1) Apply LRC filter
- (-) Remove MyDSCC filter MyDSCC
- Nursing (16) Apply Nursing filter
- Online Courses (32) Apply Online Courses filter
- Registration (14) Apply Registration filter
- (-) Remove SBDC filter SBDC
- Services for Students with Disabilities (3) Apply Services for Students with Disabilities filter
- Student Financial Services (22) Apply Student Financial Services filter
- Student Services (2) Apply Student Services filter
- (-) Remove Testing filter Testing
How do I find out the status of my application?
FAQ Answer: You can check the status of your admission application online at www.dscc.edu or you can call the One Stop at 731-286-3350.
I requested a catalog last week, but I still haven't received it, why?
FAQ Answer: DSCC does not publish a catalog. You can view the catalog and student handbook at www.dscc.edu.
I took my GED test somewhere else; how do I get a copy of that sent somewhere?
FAQ Answer: You must contact the GED Testing Center where you took the test.
Why do I have to take the Practice Test?
FAQ Answer: It is a Tennessee state requirement.
Where is the Adult Education center located?
FAQ Answer: 115 King Avenue, Dyersburg, TN 38024 (next to The Laundry Basket).
Can I apply online for admission to the college?
FAQ Answer: Yes. Go to www.dscc.edu and click the Apply Now.
What do I need to bring for testing?
FAQ Answer: Please bring a photograph ID, pencils, scratch paper and a calculator.
Is there a cost for taking the COMPASS?
FAQ Answer: There is no charge for taking the COMPASS the first time.
What is the score I have to have on the GED?
FAQ Answer: A minimum score of 410 must be achieved on each subject area and an overall battery average of 450.
How can I test out of the developmental courses?
FAQ Answer: Placement in developmental courses is based on results from the ACT or COMPASS.