Frequently Asked Questions
- (-) Remove 06: Personnel filter 06: Personnel
- Admissions (20) Apply Admissions filter
- Adult Education (5) Apply Adult Education filter
- Advising (21) Apply Advising filter
- (-) Remove Athletics filter Athletics
- Continuing Education (25) Apply Continuing Education filter
- Financial Aid (54) Apply Financial Aid filter
- Information (26) Apply Information filter
- (-) Remove Internal Audit filter Internal Audit
- LRC (1) Apply LRC filter
- (-) Remove MyDSCC filter MyDSCC
- (-) Remove Nursing filter Nursing
- Online Courses (32) Apply Online Courses filter
- Registration (14) Apply Registration filter
- SBDC (3) Apply SBDC filter
- (-) Remove Services for Students with Disabilities filter Services for Students with Disabilities
- (-) Remove Student Financial Services filter Student Financial Services
- (-) Remove Student Services filter Student Services
- (-) Remove Testing filter Testing
I took my GED test somewhere else; how do I get a copy of that sent somewhere?
FAQ Answer: You must contact the GED Testing Center where you took the test.
Why do I have to take the Practice Test?
FAQ Answer: It is a Tennessee state requirement.
Can I still play athletics if I have attended another college?
FAQ Answer: Yes, if you get a transfer waiver or a release and you meet all the NJCAA rules.
Do I get any free print copies?
FAQ Answer: Yes. Each student will be issued 450 free print copies each semester. Any unused Fall or Spring term copies will roll over to be added to the next term totals.
What do I need to bring for testing?
FAQ Answer: Please bring a photograph ID, pencils, scratch paper and a calculator.
Is there a cost for taking the COMPASS?
FAQ Answer: There is no charge for taking the COMPASS the first time.
What is the score I have to have on the GED?
FAQ Answer: A minimum score of 410 must be achieved on each subject area and an overall battery average of 450.
How can I test out of the developmental courses?
FAQ Answer: Placement in developmental courses is based on results from the ACT or COMPASS.
What do I do to get into school after I take the COMPASS?
FAQ Answer: After the COMPASS is completed, the scores will be processed and explained.
How do I get my GED?
FAQ Answer: If it is your first time to take the GED, you must take the practice test administered by the Dyer County Literacy Program.