Frequently Asked Questions
- (-) Remove 06: Personnel filter 06: Personnel
- Admissions (20) Apply Admissions filter
- Adult Education (5) Apply Adult Education filter
- Advising (21) Apply Advising filter
- (-) Remove Athletics filter Athletics
- (-) Remove Business Office filter Business Office
- Continuing Education (25) Apply Continuing Education filter
- Financial Aid (54) Apply Financial Aid filter
- Information (26) Apply Information filter
- Internal Audit (1) Apply Internal Audit filter
- LRC (1) Apply LRC filter
- (-) Remove MyDSCC filter MyDSCC
- Nursing (16) Apply Nursing filter
- Online Courses (32) Apply Online Courses filter
- Registration (14) Apply Registration filter
- SBDC (3) Apply SBDC filter
- (-) Remove Services for Students with Disabilities filter Services for Students with Disabilities
- (-) Remove Student Services filter Student Services
- (-) Remove Testing filter Testing
When will I get my GED test results? How long will it take?
FAQ Answer: The GED tests are sent off to a national service for scoring.
What is the cost of the GED?
FAQ Answer: The current cost of the GED is $65.00 for the full test.
Where is the Practice test given?
FAQ Answer: The practice test is administered at the Dyer County Literacy Program located in the Dyer County Adult Education Center at 115 King Ave., Dyersburg, TN 38024.
If I scored 410 on all of my tests, why did I not pass?
FAQ Answer: The average for all five subject area tests must be 450.
What is a purge date?
FAQ Answer: These are dates determined by DSCC administration when all unpaid classes will be dropped. The reason for purges is to make class seats available to others. To reserve your seat, you must make payment arrangements on or before the payment due date or at the time you register if you register after the payment due date.
I did not know that I needed to drop my courses since I was not attending. Why do I owe money?
FAQ Answer: Students who sign up for a course assume responsibility for payment. Although DSCC does purge students for non-payment, do not assume that you will be purged. The only way to guarantee that you will not be liable for the costs of the courses for which you registered is to officially drop prior to the beginning of the term. If you drop a class on or after the first day of the term, you will not receive a full refund.
Why do I have a hold on my account?
FAQ Answer: Several circumstances may cause a hold to be placed on your account. A hold may be due to unpaid fees such as deferred payment plan installment, parking citations, academic holds, or failure to adhere to other DSCC policies/regulations. To view the hold information, Log into MyDSCC, Click on the Student Tab, Banner Self-Service, Student, Student Records. Click on the link View Holds. Included in the hold information is the office that set the hold. Please contact that office to find out why the hold was placed on your account. You may also contact the Admissions office at 731-286-3350 if you have further questions.
When will my loan money be available?
FAQ Answer: Loan checks are applied to the eligible students accounts once DSCC receives the money from the lender. It may take as long as 4 weeks for a loan to be processed. Do the loan application process by the Financial Aid priority date to assure your information gets processed before the payment due dates.
Where do I register my vehicle?
FAQ Answer: Students register their vehicles in the LRC. You must have your vehicle license number in order to register a vehicles. Students who need a temporary parking pass , please see Angie Cole in room 122 in the Student Center.
Why do I have to pay for auditing a class?
FAQ Answer: DSCC policy states that students enrolling in regular college classes as auditors will pay the same fees as those enrolling for credit. See page 56 in the DSCC catalog.