Frequently Asked Questions
- 06: Personnel (2) Apply 06: Personnel filter
- (-) Remove Admissions filter Admissions
- Adult Education (5) Apply Adult Education filter
- Advising (21) Apply Advising filter
- Athletics (6) Apply Athletics filter
- Business Office (22) Apply Business Office filter
- Continuing Education (25) Apply Continuing Education filter
- (-) Remove Financial Aid filter Financial Aid
- (-) Remove Information filter Information
- Internal Audit (1) Apply Internal Audit filter
- LRC (1) Apply LRC filter
- (-) Remove MyDSCC filter MyDSCC
- Nursing (16) Apply Nursing filter
- Online Courses (32) Apply Online Courses filter
- Registration (14) Apply Registration filter
- (-) Remove SBDC filter SBDC
- Services for Students with Disabilities (3) Apply Services for Students with Disabilities filter
- Student Services (2) Apply Student Services filter
- Testing (18) Apply Testing filter
How will I know if I can receive financial aid?
After the financial aid process has been completed, an email listing your award will be sent to your DSCC email address. This email will indicate the amount of aid you can receive based on a full-time enrollment status.
Does DSCC offer any scholarships?
- Yes, we do have scholarships. You must file a FAFSA and meet all admissions requirements to be eligible. Eligible students are ranked using a formula where financial need is the primary consideration. March 1 is the priority date for scholarships. Additionally, performance scholarships are awarded by the individual departments. Please contact the applicable department for scholarship requirements (e.g. athletic, music).
Why am I on financial aid suspension?
- All institutions are required to develop a maximum period of time for students to receive aid at their institution, as well as monitor their progress along the way. Students may receive aid for no more than 150% of the hours required for the degree (90 for associate degree students). As a minimum, you must complete 67% of the classes you attempt. A grade of A, B, C, D, or P will be required for successful completion. In addition, you must meet the institution's minimum standards as you progress toward your degree. Failure to meet these requirements will place a student on suspension. View the Satisfactory Academic Progress Standards.
How much loan money can I borrow?
- The maximum amount a first-year student can receive is $3500 not to exceed $1750 per semester. A second-year student may receive a maximum of $4500 or $2250 per semester.
What is the last day to apply for the upcoming semester?
FAQ Answer: The deadline to apply for admission is found in the academic calendar; however, you are strongly encouraged to apply early so that you will have the best selection of classes. International applicants should contact the Office of Admissions at 731-286-3350.
How do I apply for Financial Aid?
- Complete the FAFSA online at www.fafsa.gov and include the DSCC School code 006835.