Frequently Asked Questions
- 06: Personnel (2) Apply 06: Personnel filter
- Admissions (20) Apply Admissions filter
- Adult Education (5) Apply Adult Education filter
- Advising (21) Apply Advising filter
- Athletics (6) Apply Athletics filter
- Continuing Education (25) Apply Continuing Education filter
- (-) Remove Financial Aid filter Financial Aid
- Information (26) Apply Information filter
- Internal Audit (1) Apply Internal Audit filter
- LRC (1) Apply LRC filter
- (-) Remove MyDSCC filter MyDSCC
- Nursing (16) Apply Nursing filter
- Online Courses (32) Apply Online Courses filter
- Registration (14) Apply Registration filter
- SBDC (3) Apply SBDC filter
- (-) Remove Services for Students with Disabilities filter Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Financial Services (22) Apply Student Financial Services filter
- Student Services (2) Apply Student Services filter
- Testing (18) Apply Testing filter
What is DSCC's Federal School Code?
FAQ Answer: 006835
How do I apply for institutional scholarships?
FAQ Answer: All students who complete the FAFSA and meet admissions requirements are eligible for scholarships. Eligible students are ranked using a formula where financial need is the primary consideration. Those applying by March 1 of the current award year are given first consideration.
Which lender do I choose to obtain a school loan?
FAQ Answer: The lender for the Federal Direct Loan program is the U.S. Department of Education.
What is MyDSCC?
FAQ Answer: MyDSCC is the student's gateway to online student services including registration for classes , fee payments , grades , class schedules , and much more. The system is available 24 hours a day , 7 days a week. Log on to www.dscc.edu and click the red MyDSCC button.
How do I log into MyDSCC account?
FAQ Answer: When you apply for admission , a letter containing your log in information will be mailed from the Office of Records to you. You need to safeguard this letter. To access MyDSCC , go to www.dscc.edu and click the large red My DSCC button. Once you log into MyDSCC , you can change your password but not your User name. Be sure to remember any changes you make.
What is my User ID and Password?
FAQ Answer: Your User ID and password were mailed to you after you applied for admission. If you have forgotten your User ID or password , please contact the help desk at 731 288 7780.
I did not know I enrolled in an RODP course. I dropped the class immediately (after the 100% refund period). Can I get a refund for the RODP technology fee?
FAQ Answer: Unfortunately, no. DSCC makes every attempt to ensure that RODP courses are clearly marked in the course catalog and the schedule.
What are the deadlines for applying for financial aid?
- You may apply for financial aid at any time; however, priority deadlines do exist depending on the type of financial aid you are seeking. March 1 is the priority deadline for scholarships and funds for which the institution has limited resources.
What is an EFC?
- The expected family contribution (EFC) is the amount your family can reasonably be expected to contribute to your education as determined by a formula developed by Congress and applied uniformly to all students.
Do I have to use my parents' information if I don’t live with them?
- Students who fall under the following category must use their parents' income information: under the age of 24, unmarried, not a veteran, not an orphan or ward of the court, do not have dependents for whom they provide more than 50% of their support, and not working on a master's or doctorate program.