Frequently Asked Questions
- 06: Personnel (2) Apply 06: Personnel filter
- Admissions (20) Apply Admissions filter
- Adult Education (5) Apply Adult Education filter
- Advising (21) Apply Advising filter
- Athletics (6) Apply Athletics filter
- Continuing Education (25) Apply Continuing Education filter
- (-) Remove Financial Aid filter Financial Aid
- Information (26) Apply Information filter
- Internal Audit (1) Apply Internal Audit filter
- (-) Remove LRC filter LRC
- (-) Remove MyDSCC filter MyDSCC
- Nursing (16) Apply Nursing filter
- (-) Remove Online Courses filter Online Courses
- Registration (14) Apply Registration filter
- SBDC (3) Apply SBDC filter
- Services for Students with Disabilities (3) Apply Services for Students with Disabilities filter
- Student Financial Services (22) Apply Student Financial Services filter
- Student Services (2) Apply Student Services filter
- Testing (18) Apply Testing filter
How is attendance taken in a hybrid course?
FAQ Answer: Attendance for the class meeting on campus will follow the same policy as a traditional class. An online class absence may be identified as a missed assignment or inactivity in the course site, which the instructor is able to track. It is up to the instructor to determine their specific grading and attendance standards, which should be listed in their syllabus.
If I have a question or complaint about my instructor in an online course, who do I contact?
FAQ Answer: You should first talk to your instructor directly. If you still have unresolved issues, you should feel free to speak to the Division Dean or contact the Distance Education Coordinator at 731-286-3292.
Are Hybrid courses designed for specific students?
FAQ Answer: Hybrid courses are designed for busy students who need a flexible schedule and can replace some on-campus time with online study or students who prefer some personal contact with the instructor and other students.
How much computer and internet experience do I need to succeed in an online or hybrid course?
FAQ Answer: You need some experience navigating and using the internet. Important skills include knowing how to download files, attach document files to e-mail, and use word processing software. Your instructor will provide you with an orientation to the class on the first scheduled class meeting and an online orientation is available to learn to use Online Classes for your online your class.
What if I don't have equipment needed at home to access a Hybrid course?
FAQ Answer: All of the Dyersburg State locations have computer labs and resource centers with open lab hours where the courses may be accessed.
Do students get the same information and content in a Hybrid course as they would in an on-campus course?
FAQ Answer: The education you receive from a Hybrid class is the same: however, due to the nature of online learning you may experience the course in a different format. A format that best transmits the learning experience through online media.
Will the face-to-face class always meet on the same day in an online or hybrid class?
FAQ Answer: Yes. The day the class meets on campus will be posted in the course schedule and these dates and times will remain the same throughout the semester.
Which is the best browser for DSCC eLearn (D2L)?
FAQ Answer: DSCC eLearn (D2L) is best viewed with Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari. All Online class users should go through the system check located on the DSCC eLearn page which can be accessed at www.dscc.edu.
I did not know I enrolled in an RODP course. I dropped the class immediately (after the 100% refund period). Can I get a refund for the RODP technology fee?
FAQ Answer: Unfortunately, no. DSCC makes every attempt to ensure that RODP courses are clearly marked in the course catalog and the schedule.
What are the deadlines for applying for financial aid?
- You may apply for financial aid at any time; however, priority deadlines do exist depending on the type of financial aid you are seeking. March 1 is the priority deadline for scholarships and funds for which the institution has limited resources.