Frequently Asked Questions
- 06: Personnel (2) Apply 06: Personnel filter
- Admissions (20) Apply Admissions filter
- Adult Education (5) Apply Adult Education filter
- Advising (21) Apply Advising filter
- Athletics (6) Apply Athletics filter
- Continuing Education (25) Apply Continuing Education filter
- (-) Remove Financial Aid filter Financial Aid
- Information (26) Apply Information filter
- Internal Audit (1) Apply Internal Audit filter
- LRC (1) Apply LRC filter
- (-) Remove MyDSCC filter MyDSCC
- Nursing (16) Apply Nursing filter
- (-) Remove Online Courses filter Online Courses
- Registration (14) Apply Registration filter
- SBDC (3) Apply SBDC filter
- Services for Students with Disabilities (3) Apply Services for Students with Disabilities filter
- Student Financial Services (22) Apply Student Financial Services filter
- Student Services (2) Apply Student Services filter
- (-) Remove Testing filter Testing
Have you received my financial aid verification documents?
You can log into the MyDSCC Student Information System to see if the Financial Aid Office has received your verification documents. Once in the system you will need to follow these instructions:
- Click on the Student Tab
- Find Financial Aid Requirements
- Select Award Year
View Student Requirements
- There will be a red flag beside any document still needed, and a green check beside any document that has been received.
- The 'verification' requirement refers to the entire process, and will not turn to a green check until the entire process is complete.
How will I know if I can receive financial aid?
After the financial aid process has been completed, an email listing your award will be sent to your DSCC email address. This email will indicate the amount of aid you can receive based on a full-time enrollment status.
Does DSCC offer any scholarships?
- Yes, we do have scholarships. You must file a FAFSA and meet all admissions requirements to be eligible. Eligible students are ranked using a formula where financial need is the primary consideration. March 1 is the priority date for scholarships. Additionally, performance scholarships are awarded by the individual departments. Please contact the applicable department for scholarship requirements (e.g. athletic, music).
Why am I on financial aid suspension?
- All institutions are required to develop a maximum period of time for students to receive aid at their institution, as well as monitor their progress along the way. Students may receive aid for no more than 150% of the hours required for the degree (90 for associate degree students). As a minimum, you must complete 67% of the classes you attempt. A grade of A, B, C, D, or P will be required for successful completion. In addition, you must meet the institution's minimum standards as you progress toward your degree. Failure to meet these requirements will place a student on suspension. View the Satisfactory Academic Progress Standards.
How much loan money can I borrow?
- The maximum amount a first-year student can receive is $3500 not to exceed $1750 per semester. A second-year student may receive a maximum of $4500 or $2250 per semester.
Can I retest in the COMPASS or ACT? When?
FAQ Answer: Yes, you may retest the COMPASS or ACT; however, there is a waiting period of 60 days for the ACT and 90 days for the COMPASS before you can retake the test.
How do I apply for Financial Aid?
- Complete the FAFSA online at www.fafsa.gov and include the DSCC School code 006835.