Frequently Asked Questions
- 06: Personnel (2) Apply 06: Personnel filter
- Admissions (20) Apply Admissions filter
- Adult Education (5) Apply Adult Education filter
- Advising (21) Apply Advising filter
- Athletics (6) Apply Athletics filter
- Continuing Education (25) Apply Continuing Education filter
- (-) Remove Financial Aid filter Financial Aid
- Information (26) Apply Information filter
- (-) Remove Internal Audit filter Internal Audit
- LRC (1) Apply LRC filter
- (-) Remove MyDSCC filter MyDSCC
- Nursing (16) Apply Nursing filter
- (-) Remove Online Courses filter Online Courses
- Registration (14) Apply Registration filter
- SBDC (3) Apply SBDC filter
- (-) Remove Services for Students with Disabilities filter Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Financial Services (22) Apply Student Financial Services filter
- Student Services (2) Apply Student Services filter
- Testing (18) Apply Testing filter
What is DSCC's Federal School Code?
FAQ Answer: 006835
How do I apply for institutional scholarships?
FAQ Answer: All students who complete the FAFSA and meet admissions requirements are eligible for scholarships. Eligible students are ranked using a formula where financial need is the primary consideration. Those applying by March 1 of the current award year are given first consideration.
Which lender do I choose to obtain a school loan?
FAQ Answer: The lender for the Federal Direct Loan program is the U.S. Department of Education.
Who should I contact if I see a college employee being abusive or wasteful?
FAQ Answer: To report an instance of fraud , waste or abuse , you may contact any DSCC official or supervisor or DSCC Internal Audit at 731.286.3237. You may also call the TBR Audit Hotline at 615.366.4441. You may view the entire DSCC Fraud , Waste and Abuse policy on our website at www.dscc.edu. Click on the Current Students tab , then click the Campus Security Report link on the left-hand side of the page , then click on Fraud , Waste & Abuse under Quick Links.
What is MyDSCC?
FAQ Answer: MyDSCC is the student's gateway to online student services including registration for classes , fee payments , grades , class schedules , and much more. The system is available 24 hours a day , 7 days a week. Log on to www.dscc.edu and click the red MyDSCC button.
How do I log into MyDSCC account?
FAQ Answer: When you apply for admission , a letter containing your log in information will be mailed from the Office of Records to you. You need to safeguard this letter. To access MyDSCC , go to www.dscc.edu and click the large red My DSCC button. Once you log into MyDSCC , you can change your password but not your User name. Be sure to remember any changes you make.
What is my User ID and Password?
FAQ Answer: Your User ID and password were mailed to you after you applied for admission. If you have forgotten your User ID or password , please contact the help desk at 731 288 7780.
Do students get the same information and content in an Internet course as they would in an on-campus course?
FAQ Answer: The education you receive from an online class is the same: however, due to the nature of online learning you may experience the course in a format that best transmits the learning experience through online media.
Why do my email messages and discussion posts disappear once I read them?
FAQ Answer: To show previously read email or discussion postings, select "All" next to display.
Is there an orientation for online courses?
FAQ Answer: Orientation tutorial videos are provided by the DSCC Help Desk. A link to the videos can be found in the How to Get Started section of the DSCC eLearn course homepage, on the Help Desk webpage, or by going directly to the Tutorials page at www.dscc.edu/tutorials. If you need further assistance, please contact the DSCC Help Desk at 731-288-7780 Dyersburg Campus or 901-475-3177 Jimmy Naifeh Center or 731-222-5180 Gibson County Center. You may also contact the Help Desk by e-mail at email@example.com.