Frequently Asked Questions
You can log into the MyDSCC Student Information System to check the amount of your tuition and fees. Once in the system you will need to follow these instructions:
- Click on the Student tab
- Find Financial Aid Awards
- Select the Aid Year you are wanting to view
- Select the Award Overview tab
- If you are receiving Pell Grant, then you may attend any number of hours as long as you are degree-seeking.
- If you are receiving a student loan, you must maintain at least half-time enrollment. (6 hours)
- If you are receiving TN Promise, then yes, you must enroll and attend full time (at least 12 hours).
- If you are receiving TN Reconnect, then you must enroll and attend at least half-time (6 hours).
- If you are receiving the Hope Scholarship, you must enroll in at least half-time (6 hours)
Before dropping any classes that will change your enrollment status, talk to the Financial Aid Office first. Dropping your enrollment status could result in losing all eligibility for financial aid.
The verification process varies in the time it takes it to be completed, but typically takes 2-3 weeks after the Financial Aid Office has received all the requested documents. Processing is performed on a first-come, first-serve basis and is done as quickly as possible. You will be awarded any eligible financial aid once the verification process is complete. You can log into the MyDSCC Student Portal to check the status of your financial aid award. Once in the system you will need to follow these instructions:
- Click on the Student Tab
- Click on Financial Aid Awards
- Select the Aid Year you would like to view.
Click on the Award Overview tab.
- Award descriptions, amounts, and the status will display.
- Funds displayed on this page are based on full-time enrollment and may be adjusted based on enrollment.
You can log into the MyDSCC Student Information System to see if the Financial Aid Office has received your verification documents. Once in the system you will need to follow these instructions:
- Click on the Student Tab
- Find Financial Aid Requirements
- Select Award Year
View Student Requirements
- There will be a red flag beside any document still needed, and a green check beside any document that has been received.
- The 'verification' requirement refers to the entire process, and will not turn to a green check until the entire process is complete.
- Glover Room 259 (English Suite)
- Gym- Office 137 (Laurie Jones office)
- Student Center- One Stop
- CAB –Teresa Adams
- Eller- Front desk
- LRC- Front desk
- Math – Administrative Assistant (Stacie Purvis)
- Security Bank – Continuing Ed
GCC: – Front desk
- Naifeh Building – Front desk
- Baptist Memorial Healthcare Academic Building – Front Desk
- SC/LRC – LRC Circulation Desk